cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7975 phones constant rebooting

daniel.bonsu
Level 1
Level 1

I have two 7975 phones, one with side car, and the other without.  Both are experiencing reboots several time a day.

Switch logs has no disconnects on the one with the side module, but has disconnects about the phone on the one without.

Their PCs still has connection when phones reboot.  Any ideas on what would cause this?

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check the POE on the switch.  If you have an edge switch the phone is plugged into, you could be maxing out on POE power on the switch.  Technically, you can not fill a 48 port switch to the max with 48 7975 phones.  There is not enough POE power for all those phones.

You could also simply have a bad port on the switch.  Trying moving it to another switch or another port.

I dont have the command in front of me to check the status of POE or power, but do a show /? and find POE I believe. (Or status of switch)

But if you have 48 ports all filled with phones and using POE, the could be losing power.

Also, sometimes when a phone has issues with switchport negotiations, they will randomly reboot.  IE...  phone is auto and switch port is set to 100 Full, etc.

Also check the patch cables.  Bad cables, could = bad POE power to the phone.

Thanks,

Much appreciated.

Daniel O. Bonsu

Network Engineer

IT Shared Services

QinetiQ North America

7918 Jones Branch Drive, Suite 350

McLean, VA 22102

Office: 703-752-6532

Fax: 703-821-3598

Daniel.Bonsu@QinetiQ-NA.com

www.QinetiQ-NA.com

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

They may be crashing due to a bug.

Check phone and module FW version, upgrade as necessary.

Thanks,

Much appreciated.

Daniel O. Bonsu

Network Engineer

IT Shared Services

QinetiQ North America

7918 Jones Branch Drive, Suite 350

McLean, VA 22102

Office: 703-752-6532

Fax: 703-821-3598

Daniel.Bonsu@QinetiQ-NA.com

www.QinetiQ-NA.com

You are welcome.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: