cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7975 with two 7916 Expansion Modules but only 36 lines show up

Scott_Barns_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7975 running SCCP with the latest firmware (cmterm-7975-sccp.8-4-3.cop.sgn)and two 7916 expansion modules also running the latest firmware (cmterm-7916.1-0-3.cop.sgn)both running on CUCM 6.1.3.2000-1.

I have the first eight buttons set for inbound calls and the remaning expansion buttons set for BLF/Speed Dial numbers.

I can't get more than 36 buttons to display the BLF numbers even though I have all 42 programmed into the Associated button list in CUCM. Supposedly SIP only shows 36 buttons, but I'm running SCCP.

I can't believe that CUCM cannot handle all 56 buttons available but that's another rant....

Anyone experience this problem before?

7 Replies 7

Yorick Petey
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, I have the exact same problem.

I am pretty sure I found a field notice or something like that saying all buttons cannot be configured until CUCM7.0. But I cannot find this page again.

If it's the case it's a shame!

Yorick

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scott/Yorick,

I think that you may be hitting this bug;

CSCsx47243

CUCM 6.1.3 Phone Button Template for 7965/7975 Shows 34/36 line.

Symptom:

On CUCM version if you have a 2 7916 extension moduleon7965 and 7975 the Phone Button template is not capable of 42 lines as per Document we can only ad 34/36 respectively.

Conditions:

When you want to add the 2 7916 extension modules to the Ip phone 7965 /7975 Phones we can not make 42 line Phone Button template for those Phones.

Workaround:

No Work around

Status

Fixed

Severity

3 - moderate

Last Modified

In Last 2 weeks

Product

Cisco Unified IP Phones 7900 Series

Technology

1st Found-In

6.1(3)

Fixed-In

6.1(3.2101.1)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob... thank you!

You know the proverb about giving a man a fish and feeding him for a day...

can you help me understand how you approach these kinds of issues and what tools you use to solve them? You must search the known bugs? However you do it, you always seem to have the answers!

I am fairly new to IT.. just a couple of years.. and I have learned that nothing ever works right the first time (for me anyway), yet somehow I haven't managed to get past the frustration. I came from a world where if you knew what you were doing and followed the proper protocols you could expect a given result at the end of the day.... ah the good old days.

Anyway... I really appreciate your help! I just looked and 6.1(3.2101.1)is not available for download yet... at least you stopped me from continuing to pull my hair out.

Scott

Hi Scott,

You are always welcome my friend! I come from a TDM Telephony background myself, so I know of what you speak :) There are many weird and not so wonderful bugs in this new IPT World. I have had and continue to have many painful experiences in this new realm.

The key here (for me) is to be patient and persistant. I couldn't find this Bug via a Communications Manager search (even though I used the 6.1 target) so I tried 7900 series software (Any) and plugged in the 7916. After a few minutes the search engine popped up about 10 bugs. One of which was the one I sent you.

Keep reading, studying and labbing things up. I find hands-on the most useful for me.

Hope this helps! Keep on plugging, it does get better :)

Rob

that code means it's an ES, i know it's already available for customers so you can open a TAC and provide them the bug id so they can post the file for you or go to 7.x which also has the fix

funny thing is that 6.1(1)/6.1(2) apparently does not have this issue according to some testing

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I am currently in the process of installing CUCM 7.0.1.11000-2 and am also experiencing the same problem.

Only 36 Buttons on add-on module.

Any ideas?

Hi Russell,

I don't believe this bug has actually been fixed in any 7.x released versions yet. Have a look at this thread where I was working with Steve (have a close look at what TAC said about this).

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cd2786c/0#selected_message

If you notice on the Bug details it only show Fixed-In 6.1(3) versions :(

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: