cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8861 COP file installation problem

Mike Assel
Level 4
Level 4

I have downloaded the COP file for an 8861 IP phone.  The COP file installs just fine and then I reboot the server (single pub version 10.0), but the option to add an 8861 phone is not available.  Am I missing something?

Thanks,  Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That's phone FW, adding phone FW to a CUCM has never added a new device type, you need to install the latest DevPack to get support for new devices.

Adding new device types is only achieved via DevPacks or device enabler (if available, very few around)

Also, adding FW does not require any reboot, a DevPack does require a mandatory cluster reboot if you're installing it for new device support, if you only install it for FW, no reboot required.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What's your CUCM version??

What COP file did you install??

Does it show as installed?

HTH

java

Version 10.0

cmterm-88xx-sip.10-2-1-16.cop.sgn

admin:show version active
Active Master Version: 10.0.1.10000-24
Active Version Installed Software Options:
cmterm-88xx-sip.10-2-1-16.cop

That's phone FW, adding phone FW to a CUCM has never added a new device type, you need to install the latest DevPack to get support for new devices.

Adding new device types is only achieved via DevPacks or device enabler (if available, very few around)

Also, adding FW does not require any reboot, a DevPack does require a mandatory cluster reboot if you're installing it for new device support, if you only install it for FW, no reboot required.

HTH

java

Thanks for the clarification Jaime.  Clearly I was confused :)  I installed the latest device pack and now all is working.  Thanks,  Mike