Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

8945 SCCP 9-3-2-11 - Call Drop Defect?

Dear forum users.

I have a client with the following:-

CUCM System version: 8.6.2.22900-9

3600 x 8945 SCCP 9-3-2-11

85 x 9971 SIP 9-3-4-24

23 x 7965 SCCP45.9-2-3S

The client is complaing of call drops originating from 8945 devices. Randoms 8945s will start to drop all calls, internal or external it doesn't matter and the time varies, can be 20 seconds or five minutes. As a percetnage term, the numbers are small probably around 20 phones of 3600. However, the problem is very consistent, i.e. once it starts occuring it will happen on every call.

I have experienced it myself first hand numerous times. It happened this morning twice, I analysed the CDR records for those calls and CDR codes are consistent with a normal call termination so it would seem that the phone is instructing the CUCM that it is disconnecting the call.

Moreover, if you factory reset the handset, it will resolve the issue. The user this morning was having every call drop, I factory reset the phone and it is now fine.

Before I start analysis CUCM/phone /debugs/traces etc, I want to see if anyone else has had any similar problems? I have looked the resolved caveats from the subaequent two releases of firmware for 8945 SCCP and there is nothing that descirbes this?

Your help is much appreciated.

• IP Telephony
4 REPLIES

Did you ever resolve this Tim

Did you ever resolve this Tim? I'm interested as I have this issue at a site you just deployed :P

Cisco Employee

Hi,

Hi,

There is no such known defect with these IP phones. More details are needed about the setup like:

Phone firmware version

no of sites affected ( all or a few of them? )

Exact cucm version

Frequency of the issue

Types of calls affected ( internal , external or both? 0

Based on that further analysis of traces from cucm can be done for RCA.

Manish

Hi Manish

Hi Manish

First of all my comment was a little joke with Tim, he deployed the site I support with the issue described below. I just had a lol when the only thing I could find on the web for this issue was written by him.

So the issue is actually caused by the Jabra headset that is connected to the 8945, for what ever reason it causes the phone to do a normal disconnect of the call. This means if you check the trace files in CUCM you just see a normal disconnect and as Tim mentioned the same thing in the CDR files. We have experienced this at 3 seperate CUCM deployments for the same customer, various versions of CUCM and 8945 firmware.

Issue I experienced this morning was caused by the Jabra wireless headset having a flat battery. The user on the phone was not using the headset but around the 2 minute mark all calls would terminate. The phone and headset where power reset, but no change to the issue, the wireless headset was then returned to its charging cradle. Once the headset had charged a little, calls could be made to and from the phone without been terminated around the 2 min mark.

FYI Jabra 9470 Pro headset used using bluetooth connectivity

Cheers

James

Cisco Employee

Ok James :) Manish

Ok James :)

Manish

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.