Views
Helpful
Replies

8961 IP Phone got freeze in CME 9.1

nithin louis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an IP Telephony setup in CME 9.1 and having 6945 and 8961 IP Phones.The issue is that 8961 phone get freeze intermittently.The 8961 FM is

sip8961.9-3-4-24.loads.It was working fine without any issue for the last 5 months.

Do I need to upgrdae the FM ?

In addition to that how we can set the maximum lines per button in SIP Phone in CME like in SCCP?

Thanks & Regards

Nithin Louis.

5 Replies 5

nithin louis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Any update guys.....

Thanks & Regards

Nithin Louis

The phone is running the latest firmware 9.3(4), can you try downgrading the firmware to 9.3(2)SR1?

HTH

--
Jorge Armijo

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hey 

Cisco recommend getting the software licence for the phone even if you have the licence for CME. basically you need two licences per phone when you are using CME: one for CME (CME/SRST feature license) and one for your phone (SW-CCME-UL-8961=CCME PHONE LICENSE FOR 8961 IP PHONE)

Hope this helps

thanks 

rrighi
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning Nithin ,

I've the same issue on my 8961, could you be so kind to explain me how did you solve the problem ( if solved :-) ).

Thanks in advance.

Roberto

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

Is the 8961 running any 3rd party XML services at all?  Can you grab console logs and core dumps from the phone's webpage when it freezes up?