Views
Helpful
Replies

89xx 99xx Edit Dial Softkey CM 8

bdonadio
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

Does anyone know if there is a way to add the Edit Dial softkey for the 89xx/99xx phones?  I have a customer with CM 8.6 using the new 89xx/99xx phones and when you go into the missed call directory on the phones, the is no Edit Dial softkey to allow you to prepend a 9 or a 91.

I would either like to add the softkey, or find a way to add the 9 to incoming calls.  I have added the 9 automatically under the CM Service Parameters previously for other customers with PRI's, but this customer has SIP from an ITSP.  I am worried if I use the default 9 prepend options I may cause issues with CCX doing database dips for customer information.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brian,

I don't have one of these phones in front of me, but I'm wondering if this is

applicable?

Edit Number From Call History

1. Press the Applications button .

2. Select Call History. (Use the Navigation pad and Select button to scroll and select.)

3. Highlight the call you want to edit.

4. Press the EditDial softkey. (You may need to press More softkey first.)

5. Press the right or left arrow on the Navigation bar to move the cursor to the desired location.

6. Press the softkey to delete numbers on the left of the cursor.

7. Press the Call softkey to dial the new edited number.

8. Press the return softkey to return the Call History screen.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/8_0/english/user/guide/book/apps_rt902.html#wp1011242

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brian,

I don't have one of these phones in front of me, but I'm wondering if this is

applicable?

Edit Number From Call History

1. Press the Applications button .

2. Select Call History. (Use the Navigation pad and Select button to scroll and select.)

3. Highlight the call you want to edit.

4. Press the EditDial softkey. (You may need to press More softkey first.)

5. Press the right or left arrow on the Navigation bar to move the cursor to the desired location.

6. Press the softkey to delete numbers on the left of the cursor.

7. Press the Call softkey to dial the new edited number.

8. Press the return softkey to return the Call History screen.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/8_0/english/user/guide/book/apps_rt902.html#wp1011242

Cheers!

Rob

The guide you found is correct Rob.  Turns out the users were using the touchscreen on the 9971's to touch the call in the list.  When you touch it dials out instead of giving your further options.  Key is to use the buttons to select the call.

Thanks!

Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: