cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9 get added to all inbound calls

HEATH FREEL
Level 1
Level 1

I can't find where this is configured - or how to turn it off, but all inbound calls show up with a caller ID prefixed with a 9

CUCMBE Version 7.0(3)

Any ideas?

24 Replies 24

That is correct. I will check all again -but I have no translations in the gw, thats for sure.

Services Config - Nothing.

Incoming Calling Number Modifications - I'm not sure all of the places that could be configured, but I have checked Translations Patterns.

Where else can I look?

have you looked in your transformation patterns??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Yes - and I just looked again - none configured.

Just to be on the safe side, you checked both:

translation patterns

transformation patterns

They're NOT the same, and no one has mentioned transformation patterns before on thread

HTH

java

HTH

java

That is correct.

I have translation patterns for incoming DID calls. ie called number =

234-234-5555

Translation Pattern = 5555

Called Number Translation = 2202

I have NO transformation patterns configured.

I did find this in the Service Paramters set to TRUE - however I am not sure this is applicable.

Add Incoming Number Prefix to CDR: This parameter determines whether Cisco CallManager adds the incoming prefix (as specified in the National Number Prefix, International Number Prefix, Subscriber Number Prefix, and Unknown Number Prefix service parameters) to the calling party number in the call detail record(s) (CDR) for that call. If the prefix is applied on the inbound side, it will always be added to the calling party number in the CDR(s) for that call even if this parameter is set to False. If the prefix is applied on the outbound side, it will be added to the calling party number in the CDR(s) for that call only if this parameter is set to True. If the destination of the call is a gateway, Cisco CallManager will not add the prefix to the CDR(s) even if this parameter is enabled.

This is a required field.

Default: False

I think I found it - I was looking at the device level earlier. Please tell me if I'm on the right track.

Incoming Calling Party National Number Prefix - MGCP: This parameter defines the number, up to 16 digits, that is prefixed to an incoming national number, and provides a means to help you identify national numbers, if necessary. This parameter allows you to prefix specified digits to the calling number of an inbound call on the basis of the Type of Number field in an inbound offered call. It also allows you to strip a specified number of leading (starting from the left-hand side) digits for the incoming calling party number before prefixing it. The digits to strip can be specified as x:y where x represents the prefix and y represents the number of digits to be stripped; the colon is required to act as a separator between the prefix and the number of digits to be stripped. For example, 91010:6 which means that the prefix is 91010 and the number of leading digits to strip is 6. In this example, a national call from 2145551234 would get updated to 910101234.The maximum number of leading digits that can be stripped is 24 and the maximum number of digits that can be prefixed is 16.

When the prefix in this parameter is applied to the incoming calling party number at the MGCP device level, Cisco Unified Communications Manager includes the prefix in the calling party number field for all additional actions pertaining to the call, such as supplementary services including call forwarding, call park, etc., voice messaging, and CDR data. Several additional service parameters provide prefix functionality on the IP Phone side and the incoming gateway side for H.323 and SIP. See the Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone) section and the related gateway-specific sections in the Service Parameter Configuration window for more information.

Maximum length: 19

Allowed values: The maximum number of leading digits that can be stripped is 24 and the maximum number of digits that can be prefixed is 16. A colon is required to act as a separator between the prefix and the number of digits to be stripped. For example, 91010:6 which means that the prefix is 91010 and the number of leading digits to strip is 6. In this example, a national call from 2145551234 could get updated to 910101234. Valid characters include (0-9,#,*,+,:)

That was it Folks... Thanks for all your help.

Specifically Service Paramters/ Device- PRI and MGCP Gateway - Incoming Calling Party National Number Prefix - MGCP - was set to 9

Thanks Again.

Question.....was this messing with your internal calling? Because we would like to have all of our sites prepended with the 91 for inbound caller ID. We are using MGCP gateways and right now we have one site acheiving this through a translation pattern. In other words if we add this field does it break other applications or dialing?

Thank you

Hi,

I guess what you were trying to look could be located under the Calling Party Normalization steps:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fscallpn.html#wp1289039

Kind Regards

Sam Wilson

Looks good....thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: