cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9 prefix- leading digits

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

To return calls in the missed calls, you need to configure CCM to insert 9 as a leading prefix. This you do via translations however it seems the TP requires to know the exact number of digits to expect in the calling number field otherwise it will not work . If a local call is 8 digits, LD is 12 and International is xxxx? How do you configure the TP? Do you need to create different TP prefix`s to take into account the difference in subscriber length or is there a generic set up. I know you can use H323 and use translation profiles to add a 9 to all calls but not MGCP

thanks

9 Replies 9

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

For MGCP you can use the service parameters.

Look at the below link for config:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00805b6f33.shtml#ccm1

Note: These prefix values are added to numbers in missed or received incoming calls based on the inbound

Q.931 call type value. These prefix values always need to match what the Telco requires in order to place the

call. This method only applies to Q.931 gateways. As for all other Cisco CallManager versions, the National

Number Prefix can be set to 91 and International Number Prefix can be set to 9011.

Thanks but this deploy is multi-country so some Telco access is 9 others 0

I have never set it up this way because the service parameters were always sufficient with mgcp. I would think though, setting up your TP with enough wild card digits to cover all calls would indeed work. There would possibly be though some delay in the translation while it is waiting for some extra digits.

You have to enter the correct number any less such as 1212 then hoping the remaining number comes through results in only 91212 being shown. You can not enter ! as it only permits "real " numbers

Any more idea`s- thanks

The best way you can do this is to use the global parameter for a leading 0 or 9 (or any access code) and then configure another RP for each site so they can use 0 or 9 (or any access code). This way the user can just hit missed calls and dial and the call with route out.

Edward,

Do you know what service or enterprise parameter this is?

Rob

Hi Rob,

yes i do its:

Service params - select pub and then callmanager service- then advnaced tab and then Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone) and you will see the settings for prefixing incoming calls.

Then of course you need to set up another RP for each location for the same access code unless you have a standard one through each of your locations.

Hope this helps. Please dont forget to rate posts :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: