Views
Helpful
Replies

911 - Frontier / AT&T / PRI

mjensen323
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I had our telco company install a single PRI last summer. The PRI feeds 5 locations, all of whom we disconnected their analog lines and they now ride on our PRI line at Location A. I needed to setup 911 so that when calls originate from any of the 5 locations, it provides the correct address assoicated with the number. So I contacted Frontier, who told me that I needed to contact AT&T (my county 911 provider) and have them create me a a Locator Lite database. Which I did, and paid for. However...

When Location B calls 911, which has its own entries into the 911 system, it sends out the BTN and BTN Address instead of the translation in the call manager. Meaning, even though when I pick up a phone and call my cell phone, which shows the correct number from Location B, 911 still sees it as the BTN. Which is incorrect.

Is there anything special in the 911 and 9.911 route patterns that have to be done in order to do this?

Both Route patterns are setup to use "Party's External Phone Mask"

Note: I'm using CUCM 8, MGCP Gateway (2901 Router), with a single PRI interface

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure the carrier does not have ANI screening on.

Also, are all these lcoations in the same PSAP location, meaning are they within the same geographical location?  If not PRI circuit typically would not route calls across PSAPs, unless carrier can support e911.  Some SIP trunk providers can do that.  You may need local trunks at each location for 911 routing.

Chris

Yes all within the same location geographically. Actually within a 3 mile

Radius.

So there is nothing in the router config or route pattern?

Can you post "debug isdn q931" and the numbers you are masking and number you are seeing?

Chris

When calling 911 or any calls?

If I do the debug, I see the the correct numbers calling out to my cell phone or anywhere else.

If you see the correct number in debug but the number is presented as BTN on the cell phone or PSAP that means AT&T is overwriting the number because most likely the DID you are masking does not belong to this PRI.  This is common practice and if you want to be able to send any ANI (I always do due to mobile connect requirements) you need to ask AT&T to remove ANI/CLID screening.

Chris

What if the correct number is on my cell but not PSAP?

Anyone?

I ran a debug on my calls to 911.

The Calling Party shows the number for the location on the way out to 911(from Frontier PRI) and displays the correct caller id on my mobile phone. However, the 911 database on AT&T(county provider NOT the carrier) is the BTN and address.

Who do you provide Ani information to?  Frontier or AT&T?  even though AT&T is the county 911 provider, that does not mean that they are the holder of your 911 database information.  Since you are in Frontier LEC, I would think Frontier has the responsibility of managing your 911 database.  They inturn send updates to AT&T for the entire community.

Frontier came out and had to program their PRI to send out all the station information as I had suggested weeks ago. Problem was solved with a simple 15 second phone call and 90 second programming after roughly 4-5 months of phone calls and inquiries.