cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

911 Not Translating?

mhendren925
Level 1
Level 1

For some strange reason, if a user dials 911 the number that appears at the 911 dispatcher's end is the number of our BTN and not the remote site. There is no issue with regular outbound calls -- just calls to 911. I've gone back and doublechecked my route patterns setup for 911 and everything looks right there. Any help is appreciated.

Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

metuzuner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mark,

I would firstly advise you to use "Dialed Number Analyzer" to compare 911 calls to other outgoing calls. That would allow you to find out what path (translation pattern, router pattern, route list, route group, gateway) each call uses to get to the destination. Let us know your findings.

Thanks,

Mehmet Tuzuner

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello,

Is your BTN also loacted at this remote site, or is it at headquarters site? If it is at headquarters site, then you will want to have the 911 route pattern for your remote site to use the local gateway for 911 calls so that the correct address and phone number appear.

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

metuzuner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mark,

I would firstly advise you to use "Dialed Number Analyzer" to compare 911 calls to other outgoing calls. That would allow you to find out what path (translation pattern, router pattern, route list, route group, gateway) each call uses to get to the destination. Let us know your findings.

Thanks,

Mehmet Tuzuner

Fixed it! I used the Dialed Number Analyzer and found that the problem was with the 911 Route Lists for each Route Group for each site. The masking was not turned on. I tried it for one site, tested it and it worked. I went ahead and made the changes for the other sites. Thanks a lot!