Views
Helpful
Replies

911 Route pattern

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hi All,

Our 911 calls go to the CER first. After determining the location, the calls come back to the CUCM to match the 111.911 route pattern and to send out through the PSTN (PRI). Our provider refuses to receive 911 as the emergency number. They provided us a pseudo number (500-911-3500) which needs to be configured in our system. ? I was thinking of a combination of a route pattern in the CUCM and a dialpeer in the GW. Could you please let me know what is the best way of doing this.

Thanks for your help,

MK

12 Replies 12

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On the existing 111.911 route pattern simply perform digit manipulation to transform the number to 15009113500 or

915009113500 (assuming you are using 9 as off net access code and dial-peers use it), or if preferred do it on the Route List.  If this is H323 or SIP deployment make sure you route the call out of correct circuit, so if 911 dial peer pointed to different circuit(s) than LD dial-peers you may need to copy the 911 dial-peer and change destination pattern to 15009113500 or 915009113500.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris,

How do I transform the 111.911 to 915009113500? Does the 915009113500 go to the Called party Transorm mask field under the Calling Part Transformation?

Thanks,

MK

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Correct.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

A new problem has raised due to the above suggested modification. There're 5 buildings within our campus, lets say B1, B2, B3, B4 and B5.  The B1 through B4 need to go to a PSAP and B5 needs to go to a different PSAP.  In the 111.911 route pattern, I am transforming the 911 to 915009113500 (reguired by the provider). The new issue is that all 911 calls are being translated to 915009113500 including the calls from B5. Emergency calls from B5 don't need to be translated as the provider in B5 does not require any translation. Note that the provider for B5 is different than other 4 Buildings. How can I seprate a 911 call from B1 from the one in B5? Please note both calls need to go through CER.

Thanks,

MK

B5 should not be matching the same pattern as it should not be routed through CER, and the 111.911 pattern should only be reachable by CER. Create different Route Pattern for B5 that does not do the manipilation and make sure this RP is only matched via local phone's CSS.

Chris

Chris,

The problem is that B5 SHOULD go through CER as well.  When the CER sends the call back to the CUCM-->GW, the 911 call from B5 goes to PSTN via a different PRI (different provider). This is what makes the situation difficult.

Thanks,

MK

OK, then reference different Route/translation Pattern for B5 ERLs in CER that does not do the modifications.

So, you do this:

create new route pattnern which does not do the mdoficiation in CUCM

find all B5 ERLs in CER and change it's Route Pattern/ELIN reference to use this new Route Pattern

And that's it.

Chris

Thanks Chris It worked :-)

The only issue is that the caller Id that the PSAP sees is not the right one and also the location is identifed as "No record". Would you happen to know what I am missing?

Thanks,

MK

Well, what caller ID are they seeing?  They should be seeing the ELIN, which you should not have changed.  Make sure the new Route Pattern you created has "use external phone number mask" checked to properly preserve the ELIN as caller ID.

Chris

HI Chris,

I enabled the "Use external phone number mask under the router pattern and  had the security folks to make a test call, they said the call went to the correct emergency center, however the ELIN information was blank i.e….

Call id says   BLANK

“No record Found”

Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks,

MK

What type of PSTN circuit is the call routed to?

If PRI can you post "debug isdn q931" for this call?

Chris

can you change the route to send the call to your desk phone?

I change the route in the CER ERL and the route pattern on the CUCM and send the call to my desk. I can look at the out pulsed number and verify the callback.

I have had problems with the CO not sending the correct number, but the PSAP can dial that number and can the phone back.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: