cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

911 solutions for remote sites

sienz.sienz
Level 1
Level 1

We have CUCM 6.1 and have few remote sites that are connected via point to point, MPLS and in network but in different building.

What would be the best solution for this, we do not plan to install a router in every site. We are looking as one solution for all. I remember in Nortel pbx that we can have e911 server that contain the addresses for every phone number/DID that we have.

Is the any inexpensive solution for this issue?

Your input is much appreciated.

Thanks,

6 Replies 6

sienz.sienz
Level 1
Level 1

Any inputs for this?

Thanks

2 Possible solutions:

a.)

Use a local router at the remotes with Voice Circuits(POT's or PRI) to handle outbound 911 calls.

b.) Utilize CER (Cisco Emergency Responder) - This is a server based solution that can route 911 calls out a PRI. This would entail that you work with your telco provider to translate DID's for e911 so that they return the correct address. Note: There is a charge from the PSTN provider for this service.

You can also look at the 911 Enable product if the remote locations are serviced by different PSAPs.

I just attended a webinar and was very impressed.

http://www.911enable.com/

A third option is to get setup with a PSALI service and handle the ALI/ANIs with a custom dial plan. There is a Networkers session on this. This is what we did. We then had a custon email alerting setup back in the MSSQL days. We've switched to Cisco CER 2.x (now at 7.1) when we upgraded past the Windows platform.

--Patrick

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

If I dont think I fully understand what you mean by "we do not plan to install a router in every site"?

If there are no routers in the remote sites, then how are they connected on MPLS/Point to Point?

regards

robray_sc
Level 4
Level 4

You will need to talk with your Telco provider to see if they partner with Intrado for E-911. If they do then you register each DID with its own information and address info. Intrado handles most the E-911 PSAP lookups (At least in my area).

Intrado provides a website interface where you can modify your DiDs. So when you have a name change on a phone or moving a number to another location this is all done on Intrado's website.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: