Views
Helpful
Replies

911 transfer?

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hey,

I really not sure what should be the title for this. Basically I am trying to use CUCM to tranfer 911 calls to a onsite emergency response team (extension 999) if someone dialed 911/9911 within the building/campus. The emergency response team should tell who called and location of the person and response accordingly and meantime call out to real 911 as needed; If no one from local response team answered the phone within 2 rings, CUCM re-route call to PSTN to reach police or medic.

I am thinking translation pattern should be able to do the transfer part and use the forward no answer configured on extension 999 to route call to PSTN to reach police.  But how can I configure CUCM that just after 2 rings to re-route call to PSTN (I can not apply this cluster-wise though)?

Is there any better and efficient way to configure than what I just described above?

Thanks,

/S

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

how to configure call forwarding after 2 riings just for ext. 999- Yes you can set for individual phone line as well as cluster wide.

For individual:- Go to that phone line - under Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings -No Answer Ring Duration (seconds)

For Cluster wide :-System- Service Parameter- select server and service( call manager) -Clusterwide Parameters (Feature - Forward) - Forward no answer timer.

Create a translation pattern - 911/9911 - change Called Party Transform Mask to 999.

Go the line 999 - change Forward No Answer to xxxxxx(any specific number which is not overlaping with any other route pattern)(No Answer Ring Duration seconds set to 5 sec)

Now create a route pattern with xxxxxx - change its Called Party Transform Mask to 911 or 9911 - select proper route list and gateway.

Rate all the helpful posts.

Thanks

Manish

View solution in original post

is_mail123
Level 1
Level 1

take te help of partitions and CSS to make the 999 to go to the 911 with saperate partitions and a saperate partition for the general users of 911 which forwards to 999

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

luirami2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Shuai,

I don't think that would work as the Telco does route 911 calls to a different office depending on caller ID or address sent by the device.

In other words, if internally there is an emergency in your Office A and they call to an internal "emergency response team" on your company and then they call to 911, since the call is actually coming from this other guys it will probably go out to PSTN through a different GW providing a different caller ID and going to a 911 save office which is not on the right place.

I would suggest you to check how the Telco does route 911 calls do you can check if you need to use Caller ID based or Cisco ER.

Here you have a good link for Cisco ER.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cer/7_1_1/english/administration/guide/e911conf.html

~ Luis Ramirez,

Thanks, I might look into the Cisco ER but I am really family with the product (actually I am still trying get myself around CUCM comfortly...)

But I do not think you follow what I was trying to say: this is not a multi-site deployment, maybe a multi-campus. There is only one PSTN exist.

So I am pretty sure I can configure a translation parttern to have CUCM route call to ring ext. 999 when someone internally dials 911/9911. From internal user perspecitve, they won't tell that call is actually been re-routed  to another extension. But I am not sure if this is the proper or efficient way to do so.

The other thing I am not sure: how to configure call forwarding after 2 riings just for ext. 999?

how to configure call forwarding after 2 riings just for ext. 999- Yes you can set for individual phone line as well as cluster wide.

For individual:- Go to that phone line - under Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings -No Answer Ring Duration (seconds)

For Cluster wide :-System- Service Parameter- select server and service( call manager) -Clusterwide Parameters (Feature - Forward) - Forward no answer timer.

Create a translation pattern - 911/9911 - change Called Party Transform Mask to 999.

Go the line 999 - change Forward No Answer to xxxxxx(any specific number which is not overlaping with any other route pattern)(No Answer Ring Duration seconds set to 5 sec)

Now create a route pattern with xxxxxx - change its Called Party Transform Mask to 911 or 9911 - select proper route list and gateway.

Rate all the helpful posts.

Thanks

Manish

Thanks

is_mail123
Level 1
Level 1

take te help of partitions and CSS to make the 999 to go to the 911 with saperate partitions and a saperate partition for the general users of 911 which forwards to 999

I agree with the other answers, since you guys have only onw PSTN you should have no problem on doing that and you can use CSSP and Partitions plus called patty transformations to achive that.

Here you have a link with CSS and Partitions explanation.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094b53.shtml

~ Luis Ramirez,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: