cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9951 Cisco Phone Features

ftsao49
Level 5
Level 5

I was able to get 9951 phone on the CM 7.1.(3a) su1 and even video calls, but I noticed that there is not a place in UCM to apply a softkey template and several features are missing such as DND, Park, Meetme, SNR, am I missing something in the form of a patch.

Also was wondering how I can get the Cisco Phone Designer to work with these phones.

Thanks for your input.

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Feature Buttons and Softkeys

Table 7-4 provides information about some of the features that are available on softkeys, some that are available on dedicated feature buttons, and some that you need to configure as programmable feature buttons. An "X" in the table indicates that the feature is supported for the corresponding button type or softkey. Of the two button types and softkeys, only programmable feature buttons require configuration in Cisco Unified IP Phone administration.

Note The Cisco Unified IP Phone 8961, 9951, and 9971 does not use softkey templates in Cisco Unified Communications Manager administration.

http://cisco.biz/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/7_1_3/english/admin/guide/9971usr.html#wp1087800

Cheers!

Rob

Please support CSC Helps Haiti

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8895

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8727

Hello,

I have also a question about the softkeys on 89XX and 99XX...

As a matter of fact, we can't apply a specific softkey template on these phones. But in my company, we want to hide the softkey "CFA" which is present by default on the phones (for example, managers must not use this softkey to avoid issues with their call filtering system : line forwarded to the assistant...).

Do we have the choice if we don't want to use these default softkeys (remove "CFA" softkey for example) ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Hello,

Regarding the 89XX and 99XX softkey settings, these can be controlled in the following location:

Device > Phone > Common Phone Profile

Device > Device Settings > Common Phone Profile > Feature Control Policy

Device > Device Settings > Feature Control Policy

Through the Common Phone profile assigned to a phone you can control what softkeys are displayed. I hope this information helps!

-Jason Burns

Hello Jason !

Thank you very much for your answer ! I followed your suggestions and it works; i can modify or disable a softkey...

Thank you again !

Regards.

Hello

does this new 99xx video phones support SIP only SCCP also.

Cuzi could not find anythign related to SCCP in datasheet.

Also any body used it on CMEs.? Please share...

9900 series are SIP only.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: