Views
Helpful
Replies

9951 firmware upgrade issue

nareh84
Level 3
Level 3

hi,

I have uploaded the firmware image "cmterm-9951.9-2-4-19.cop.sgn" in OS admin page (software upgrade >install/upgrade) and i can see the upgraded version on Device>Device Settings> Device default (CCM admin page)(1.jpeg). I also added the phone load name in device>phone (2.jpeg).I restarted the tftp service but when i reset the phone the phone is still showing old firmware version "sip9951.9-1-1SR1" and showing the "in active load failure reason" as "tftp server not set (Device>phone).  (3.jpeg). the deployment is of cucmbe 8.6.2.what could be the reason?

Regards

Naresh Rathore

4 Replies 4

baskaranm
Level 1
Level 1

the ipphone was working earlier with some other version CUCM and the cucm is recently upgraded from some other version? please clarify.

Regards,

baskaran.M

hi,

No.... actualy this is new deployment of cucmbe8.6.2. i want to upgrade the firmware of 9951 because its camera is not working..while camera for 9971 ip phones are working fine.. that is why i am upgrading firmware of 9951 because it seems like this is a firmware issue.

Regards

if that is the case try firmware upgrade ip phone upgrade with version 7.X. once formware upgraded the put connect with cucm 8.x.

for camera issue, when video is displayed display video softkey needs to be pressed if itis hided.

try by doing a factory reset of ip hone for firmware upgrade

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

I've never managed to get an 89xx or 99xx to use the Device->Phone Load Information to work.

I could only use the Device Defaults option to specify the firmware.

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.