Views
Helpful
Replies

9951 ip phone camera detected but not working

nareh84
Level 3
Level 3

hi,

currently i have cucmbe 8.6 and registered 9971, 8941 and 9951 phone. Camera of 9971 and 8941 are working fine but camera of 9951 is showing message on phone screen "Cisco Unified Camera detected but disabled by the administrator".  Even though i enabled (and overide) the "Cisco Camera" and "video capabilities" and "back and side usb port". I did the same config for 9971 phone and its working but for 9971 phone i am getting the above message. the load version on 9951 is "sip9951.9-1-1SR1". IP Color expansion module is also connected to 9951 ip phone.

Regards

7 Replies 7

Karthik Sivaram
Level 4
Level 4

hi,

On the device configuration of 9951, select the expansion module

CP-CKEM-C and reset the phone.

Hope this helps !

Thanks,

Karthik

ip color expansion module is working fine. but ip camera is giving the following error event though camera for 9971 is working fine "Cisco Unified Camera detected but disabled by the administrator"

hi,

Please install the latest firmware 9.2(4) on this phone.

Thanks,

Karthik

clydereese
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get this resolved?  We have a similar issue and our 9951's are running 9-2-4ES-7.  Our 8945s are working properly, but the 9951s are not.  Same errors you mentioned and same settings (overrides to common phone settings).

Thanks,

Clyde

On the device page at Product Specific Configuration Layout try to disable the Power Negotiation

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

No luck.  Same symptoms with it DISABLED as with Power Negotiation enabled (tried both).  As a side note, I have the phone powered with a brick right now...no PoE in use.

Thanks,

Clyde

hi,

yes i upgraded the firmware and my vlan was also not correct. after this the issue got resolved

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: