Views
Helpful
Replies

9951 w/Camera

joe.conger
Level 1
Level 1

Model: CP-CAM-C-K9

Is there a way to connect this camera directly to Windows 7 desktop and then use it with the Jabber client. The camera came with the 9951 phone. I would rather connect the camera to my XP / Win7 PCs and use the Jabber client for video. So far I can't get the OS to detect the camera. Also I can't find any drivers.

The Jabber client detects no camera attached

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I'm not aware of Cisco releasing any drivers for these. They're certainly not designed physically to connect to a PC.

I would get a good quality cam designed for a PC if you need one for a PC.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

Actually the camera is shipped with a LCD monitor mount and standard USB cable.  The camera is made to be attached to the phone or computer monitor.  I already have 150 of these cameras that Cisco included for free with the 9951 phones.  They now charge for the camera.  I was just looking for a better way to utilize these cameras with some type of Unified Communications Client.

Thanks Joe

Hi

I've not seen those mounts -  but I presume the intention is that you attach it to the phone USB port, but mount the camera somewhere to give good eye line.

Like I say, I'm not ware of any drivers being made available... plus Jabber/Win only works for softphone video at the moment anyway.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!