Views
Helpful
Replies

9971 camera not working

abukuru95
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Guys, i have a 9971 phone but i cannot

get the camera to work. all parameters seem fine. i activated it in system ->enterprise configuration ->cisco camera enabled.

any advice to get this working?

thanks in advance

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

It may be a power issue.

Is the phone locally powered or powered through a switch?

The phone with video requires more power.

I used a power cube 3 and it would not power the camera, when I use power cube 4 it works.

:JoeL

View solution in original post

Just found this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/firmware/9_1_2/release_notes/9900_8900_912.html

There is an issue (CSCtf09186) with some 802.3af switches, which results in the Cisco Unified IP Phone 9951 and 9971 unable to negotiate for the additional power required to operate the IP phone's camera. To power the camera, set the Power Negotiation parameter of the Cisco Unified IP Phone 9951 and 9971 using the Phone Configuration window. To disable the Power Negotiation parameter access the Product Specific Configuration of Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.5 and later releases. A device pack must be installed to add the configuration parameter to the database for Cisco Unified Communications Manager releases before 8.5. Disabling power negotiation enables the IP phone to power up the camera and to use up to 15.4 watts (the AF maximum) without the need to negotiate with the switch.

View solution in original post

24 Replies 24

priyk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

For IP Phone 9971, CUCM version should be 7.1(3a)su1 or above. Phone
firmware 9.0(2) and above supports video on this phone model.

What phone firmware version were they on? The camera is not supported on
9.0(1) and gives a ³insufficient power² message if 9.0(1) is used. Any
release from 9.0(2) afterwards supports the camera. Preferred release:
9.1(1). There is no problem using 802.3af with the camera and phone.

Regards,

Priya K

hi Priya,

i am running the highest firmware version for 9971 and CUCM 8.5. so this is not the issue i guess.

thanks anyway.

Hi

Did you check if the video is actually working or enabled. I mean to say, did you test the video quality on the phone and checked if its working or not.

Where exactly are you making a video call, is it another 9971 video enabled ip phone or any other video enabled device ?

Is it a problem you are facing on a single phone, or all 9971 video enabled phones ?

Hi, it is just one phone that i am putting on the network.

I am just trying to enable the camera.

tketterman
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the same problem.   Recently upgraded to 8.5.1.10000-26.  Working with two 9971 SIP Phones with USB camera's.  All settings have been verified.  Enterprise Phone Configuration, Devices>Phone>Settings, Phone Settings, etc..  (Video Capabilities, Cisco Camera) All Check!!!

Active Phone Load: sip9971.9-1-1SR1

The phone(s) do not display under settings>accessories any USB Camera options.  Nada! 

The phone itself is working great!  Good Audio, etc..  No video what-so-ever! 

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

It may be a power issue.

Is the phone locally powered or powered through a switch?

The phone with video requires more power.

I used a power cube 3 and it would not power the camera, when I use power cube 4 it works.

:JoeL

Just found this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/firmware/9_1_2/release_notes/9900_8900_912.html

There is an issue (CSCtf09186) with some 802.3af switches, which results in the Cisco Unified IP Phone 9951 and 9971 unable to negotiate for the additional power required to operate the IP phone's camera. To power the camera, set the Power Negotiation parameter of the Cisco Unified IP Phone 9951 and 9971 using the Phone Configuration window. To disable the Power Negotiation parameter access the Product Specific Configuration of Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.5 and later releases. A device pack must be installed to add the configuration parameter to the database for Cisco Unified Communications Manager releases before 8.5. Disabling power negotiation enables the IP phone to power up the camera and to use up to 15.4 watts (the AF maximum) without the need to negotiate with the switch.

Hi,

are you using cisco switches or 3rd party ones. If it is non Cisco you need to disable the following under phone setting:

Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP): Switch Port

Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP): PC Port

regards,

Ibrahim

seems interesting, will try this and let you know

thanks GUys, i will try out a couple of things you said.

this is what i get when i issue a show power inline command on the switch

Fa3/0/15   auto  on           12.0  Cisco IP Phone 9971  Class 4

so power over ethernet cannot be the issue.

any ideas ??

all the camera and USB configurations are enabled.

Hello,

I have the same issue, Cisco UCM version is 8.1.5 and Cisco 9971 Phone's firmware is 9.1.1.SR1.

How do you fix the issue ,

Thanks a lot.

try this,

In configuration mode, apply this command

Interface  fa......

Power inline consumption 20000

This sets the switch port to offer 20 WATTS of power on this interface.

Send the output of your  cdp neighbors fa.... detail command.

I am also still testing this

I loaded the latest firmware onto CUCM:

(cmterm-9971.9-1-2.cop.sgn). 

Verify that your Cisco 9971 IP Phone has the latest firmware load. 

Active Load: sip9971.9-1-2

Verify the following device settings:

Cisco Camera* -> Enabled

Video Capabilities* -> Enabled

Power Negotiation* -> Disabled

My phone now has the Cisco Unified Video Camera listed in Accessories and is working!

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: