Views
Helpful
Replies

9971 cm 7.1.5

miket
Level 5
Level 5

I have a 9971 running latest phone load 9.0.4 and cm 71.5 and

i cannot get the camera to work. Any Ideas????

7 Replies 7

Lakshmi Adapala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are you able to see Video capabilities and Cisco camera enabled on the device config page in CUCM (device --> Phone ) ?

Thanks,

Lakshmi

Yes I am, and they are enabled

Hi

What camera are you using with 9971 ? Normally 9971 has an USB camera

and it is supported

Thanks,

Lakshmi

Also, please check to see if the switch to which the 9971 is connected

has CDP enabled. Phones 9971 + camera uses CDP for power distributions

and negotiations. If switch does not have enable CDP the switch will

give to the phone (only to the phone) 15.4W, which is the maximum power.

By giving all the power to the phone, the camera will not work because

the camera as it will need 1.45 W.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

Hi,

Disable the CDP under the device if its not connect to cisco switch.

Regards.

I am running all Cisco switches.. The options to enable video on the device is there.   I am still open to ideas. I am on the latest CM7.1 code

If you haven't solved this yet, I think I can shed some light.

You're phone is probably being power with a external power supply.

Even though, as it's been said in this thread, if you connect it to a Cisco Switch, you'll still get the same problems.

As long as the power is distributed to the phone via a non-cdp non-poe non-cisco unit the phone can't controll the power to the camera attached.

You need to get your hands on a 3560 switch for example and enable cdp both on the network side of the phone and the switch your're connecting it to.

Unless you have connected expansion modules to the 9971, this should be more then enough power, even without the V2 switches.

I have a 9971 with both PSU and PoE and it seems as long as the phone does have a CDP unit controlling the power consumption, the camera operations are OK.

Imho this is a bug of some sort. This forces the consumer who want video capabilities on their phones to deploy cisco poe devices in their network.

That said, it's cleary the best choice, but still it seems there should be more freedom of choice in this matter.

Hope this helps you out some.

best,

Frank James Wilson

Head of Network & Security

Bama Gruppen AS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: