Views
Helpful
Replies

9971 on CallManager 8.6, No Trust List, TFTP Timeout

daviddperez09
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have CallManager 8.6 running and am trying to get a 9971 to register. I have a few softphones working with SCCP but can not get the 9971 to work.

This is a new lab setup and the callmanager is using the Demo Licenses.

From what i have researched (https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17679 &

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-18834 )

i believe it has something to do with ITL.

The phone attempts to update the trust list but then says "no trust list installed" followed by " TFTP timeout : ram/SEPXXXXXXXX.CNF.XML"

Can someone please assist me ? How can i get this phone to register without a USB Etoken ?

I tried "Prepare Cluster for Rollback to pre-8.0" in enterprise parameters but that didnt seem to work

much thanks!

11 Replies 11

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you try deleting the certs on the phone or doing factory restore?

Chris

Thank you for your reply Chris.

Yes i tried doing a factory reset.

When i go to Security Settings > Trust List, both CTL and ITL Files show "not signed".

Have you tried to delete those unsigned ITL and CTL files? Try and delete them and let the phone obtain new ITL file

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Team,

I haven't able to figure out this thing in my LAB.

I disabled security services on cluster  and then enabled auto registration.

I did a reset all for the  9971 phones.Phone is not getting regisetered and on 9971 status messages shows No trust list found  and TFTP timeout.Same behaviour if i disable the autoregistration and configure the phone manually and enabled security services but still no go.

Phone is getting correct ip ,TFTP via DHCP and i have SCCP phone autoregister successfully in same subnet. I can certainly do a wireshark capture from the phone port however i would like to know if someone can point me to right direction.thanks

Hi Deepak,

If you have checked everything on the phone, then I will suggest you pull the phone logs through the web interface of the phone. The phone logs will give us a detailed view of what is going on.

Ayodeji-Thank you for valuable input.

I will give it a try , i think i have may have got it, in Enterprise pamameter autoregistration protocol needs to be changed to SCCP to SIP .

I will keep you udated.thanks

Deepak,

The auto registration protocol shouldn't have any effect on sip registration. This should only come into play if the device supports both sccp and sip protocols. The 9971 only supports SIP and so regardless of the auto-reg protocol it should register using sip

Thanks Ayodeji , This is very true , it is only applicable for phones supporting both protocols.I will try to capture the phones logs.

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't need a USB etoken to get the phone to register.  The trust list (ITL) is built in to UCM 8.x by default.  The CTL is what you get when using the USB etokens, plus a few extra encryption/security features.  Can you manually download the phone's configuration file from TFTP?  Can you upload the status messages / debug display / and console logs from the phone when it tries to register please?  You can get all of those from the phone's web page.

The Cisco 9971 work with SIP not with SCCP.

Hello guys, I have the same problem:

In my subscriber work fine, but in Publisher the phone show this message:

23:22:19 No Trust List Installed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: