cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9971 one way audio accross ICT

putney_m
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on a system where we have added the first 9971 SIP phone, the  rest of the phones are 7900 series SCCP phones. They are registered to a CUCMBE 8.6 system. There is then an intercluster trunk that connects to a CUCM 8.6 system that has an H.323 gateway connected to it. We are routing calls accross the ICT trunk and out the H.323 gateway and when we do certain numbers we call we get outbound audio but no inbound audio. This behavior is only exibited with the 9971 phone. The other phones can call then numbers without issue. There are no firewalls between the sites. They are all connected via an MPLS network using VRF routing.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael            

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So, are both CUCM systems version 8.6?
Is the call between 2 ip phones or out the ICT and then PSTN?
Are the 7900 and 9971 on the same subnet?
Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Chris,

Yes both systems are running CUCM version 8.6, although they are at different patch levels.

The call that fails is from the 9971 phone to accross the ICT then out to the PSTN. The IP phone to IP phone calls work fine. When a 7900 phone makes the same calls accorss the ICT and out the PSTN then it works without issue.

Yes the 7900 and 9971 phones are in the same subnet.

Thanks,

Michael

So to update this issue. We bypassed the ICT and had the 9971 phone register with the CUCM cluster that has the H323 gateway we are trying to reach. Once we did that then the calls work perfectly fine. After we moved the phone back to the remote CUCMBE server the calls fail with one way audio. We have also tried enabling the Media Termination Point required option on the ICT trunk to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

I have been doing some further testing and here is what I have found.

These testing methods did not change the result.

1. recreated ICT

2. installed the same device pack on the CUCMBE server that is on the CUCM server

3. Installed the latest firmware on the 9971 IP Phone

4. Added the H323 gateway on the CUCMBE server and sent the calls directly to the gateway.

This is the only way we could make it work.

1. Register the phone with the CUCM server and then it could make the calls in the USA without issue. However, calls to local number, those in Hong Kong, do not work right.

Any iseda would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

FYI, I was able to resolve this issue by upgrading Call Manager to 8.6(2a)SU3.