cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A CUCM as SRST reference for failback

dcharlier
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone experiences, or comments on the following ?

We would like to setup a CUCM publisher as SRST reference in case the WAN is down on a remote site ?

Is this supported by Cisco ? This, because we need to make some changes to the time of day routing at the time the system is in fallback mode.

Would this be possible ? Is this supported ?

Many Thanks,

Dirk

5 Replies 5

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You cannot not setup Cisco callmanager as SRST reference.

SRST is a fetaure in cisco voice gateways IOS. Hence the way SRST is setup is this.

1.You configure your VG as your srst gateways

2. You configure SRST refrence in callmanager with its ip address pointing the gateway you have enabled SRST on.

3. You assign the SRST reference to a device pool in callmanager.

HTH, Pls rate useful posts.

When your system is in fallback mode, calls do not get processed by your callmanger, calls are directed to your phones via the srst gateway, hence your time of day routing will not be in effect

Please rate all useful posts

you get to set other 2 CUCM servers for failover, i would think that would me more than enough for redundancy.

we do not support the usage of SRST reference for any other thing than SRST routers

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Okay, thanks for this info.

But, it is possible to put a CallManager from another cluster as a reference ?

Thanks,

Dirk

no, as i already mentioned we do not support the usage of SRST reference for anything else other than to point to a SRST router.

also, the information from phones is per cluster, how could the other cluster know of phones that are not registered to it? there is no DB replication between clusters

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Alternatively you can configure CM Express as SRST, it is fully supported since CME 4.0 and license is the interchangable with SRST.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: