cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A simple way to add and change users (extensions)

Hello Guys,

I have a question that I'm trying to look for a solution for a quite long time, but no joy until now.

Lets see if you guys can help me.

My main problem is the complexity for adding a new user to the callmanager.

We have device profile, add the phone, end user profile etc etc

Today I'm the one that handles that.

But the point is to pass this activity to HelpDesk. But I was wondering if there any software or any way that I can make this activity more simple.

I know that I can create a user to HelpDesk access the CCM but there is easier way to do that?

Hope someone can help me out.

thanks,

Rafael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rafael,

Have a look at this Cisco Unified Tool;

Cisco Unified Provisioning Manager

Simplified Deployment and Configuration

With automated processes for initial deployment and “day-2” moves, adds, and changes,

Cisco Unified Provisioning Manager reduces both initial and ongoing costs of Unified

Communications deployments. It is highly scalable, provisioning up to 30,000 Cisco

IP Phones or other endpoint devices. Batch provisioning facilitates automated rollout

to large numbers of subscribers reducing deployment time. Its powerful templates let

administrators define policy-based configurations that can be leveraged for both initial

deployment and ongoing administration to simplify and reduce the time to configure and

change users. It uses policy-driven, business-level abstraction capabilities for managing

subscriber services, allowing service delegation to business owners. Customers have

seen more than 10:1 reduction in the time to add or change users for day to day administration,

dramatically reducing the cost of managing Unified Communications solutions.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6491/ps6705/ps6535/brochure_c02-494616.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6491/ps6705/ps7125/data_sheet_c78-484121.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

christianluven
Level 1
Level 1

Why don't you try the bulk administration tool.

You can fill out the excel sheet and upload it to your CCM ( wich version, by the way? )

The User and Phone should be insterted then...

It's version 5

The BAT is not going to solve my problems.

Because we are talking about a daily routine.

Add 1 extension, change a display name, delete an extension, etc

what i really need is a tool that can simplify this activity.

Hi Rafael,

Have a look at this Cisco Unified Tool;

Cisco Unified Provisioning Manager

Simplified Deployment and Configuration

With automated processes for initial deployment and “day-2” moves, adds, and changes,

Cisco Unified Provisioning Manager reduces both initial and ongoing costs of Unified

Communications deployments. It is highly scalable, provisioning up to 30,000 Cisco

IP Phones or other endpoint devices. Batch provisioning facilitates automated rollout

to large numbers of subscribers reducing deployment time. Its powerful templates let

administrators define policy-based configurations that can be leveraged for both initial

deployment and ongoing administration to simplify and reduce the time to configure and

change users. It uses policy-driven, business-level abstraction capabilities for managing

subscriber services, allowing service delegation to business owners. Customers have

seen more than 10:1 reduction in the time to add or change users for day to day administration,

dramatically reducing the cost of managing Unified Communications solutions.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6491/ps6705/ps6535/brochure_c02-494616.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6491/ps6705/ps7125/data_sheet_c78-484121.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Thanks for the help i will look at both links you passed and check this.

Thanks a lot