cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AAR failure

ayalawalter
Level 1
Level 1

I need to know if I must configure AARgroup in both DN's (remote and central site dn's) or if aar works if I configure aargroup in remote side only.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, once you have more then 2 sites then you can still be fine with a single AAR group as long as the prefix between the sites is the same i.e. 91.

If you have 3 sites for example and between site A and B you dial 10 digits not 11, but between sites A and C and B and C you dial 11 digits then you have to create 2 AAR Groups:

AAR_10_Digits

prefix within group 9

prefix to AAR_11_Digits 91

AAR_11_Digits

prefix within group 91

prefix to AAR_10_Digits 91

the all DNs in site A and B will use AAR_10_Digits and DNs at site C will use group AAR_11_Digits

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need it on both as that is how the AAR prefix is determined. It's using a prefix specified between 2 or in your case 1 AAR Group.

Chris

Cris, then Can I configure both phones(local and remote) with a single aargroup?

Thanks in advance.

Walter

Yes, once you have more then 2 sites then you can still be fine with a single AAR group as long as the prefix between the sites is the same i.e. 91.

If you have 3 sites for example and between site A and B you dial 10 digits not 11, but between sites A and C and B and C you dial 11 digits then you have to create 2 AAR Groups:

AAR_10_Digits

prefix within group 9

prefix to AAR_11_Digits 91

AAR_11_Digits

prefix within group 91

prefix to AAR_10_Digits 91

the all DNs in site A and B will use AAR_10_Digits and DNs at site C will use group AAR_11_Digits

Chris