Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAR group

i have 3 Q's on AAR group in CCM:

one of the AAR requirements is:

((The called IP Phone and the gateway that terminates the call from the PSTN should be in the same location)).

how it comes?? i understand that if i want to call another party in another site (another location) through IP WAN, and if it is down, call will be rerouted through aar group?!

2. where do i exactly assign the transformation (or generally manipulation) on digits when using AAR, (on phone line, route pattern, ....)?

3. what is the difference if i assigned the AAR to a gateway or to a phone line what is AAR functionality in both situations?

appreciate ur help

thanks

11 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: AAR group

AAR is only invoked if the bandwidth assigned to given "Location" is exhausted, not when the WAN link is down.

The way AAR works is as following:

1. Phone A calls Phone B, both of which are in different locations

2. CCM determines that the bandwidth assigned to either of these locations has been completely exhasted and invokes AAR (if AAR has been enabled)

3. Based on AAR group assigned to phone A and phone B, a prefix from the AAR group configuration page is prefixed to phone B's external phone number mask

4. CCM uses phone A's AAR Calling Search Space to select route pattern thus GW, and if route pattern is matched the call is made.

In CCM 4.2 you have more flexibility with AAR where you no longer are restricted to the external phone number mask of the called phone line, you can control where a call is made during AAR procedure, so for example when AAR is invoked you can call a cell phone instead, etc.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Chris,

Excellent answer! This really explains the topic perfectly. My 5 points for sure.

Happy Holidays!

Rob

Thanks Rob, keep on the good work and the charge :-)

Happy holidays to you and all Netpros!!!

Chris

thanks Chris for ur helpful answer,

so I suggest the following scenario:

phone A in location 1, phone B in location 2

phone A wants to call phone B

when using aar, i want to call the attendant at location 2, since for example there are no DID's at location 2 (and let the attendant No. be 4084000 for example):

let phone A has DN:3000

and phone B has DN:4123

so in the aar group for phone A i should assign the prefix 408 (from aar group A to aar group B), then this prefix will be prefixed to phone B ext phone num mask (which should be 4000 --> to call attendant at location 2 as required)

is my work right? note that my goal is to call attendant at location 2 not the exact destination i dialed (no DID's at loc 2)

thanks

You did not mention what version of CCM you are running, but if it is not 4.2 then the easiest way to accmplish this is the following:

1. Configure Phone B's External Phone Number Mask to be the full 10 digit number of the receptionist.

2. Configure the AAR group(s) to have a prefix of 91 assuming that you use 9 as off-net number

3. Assign the AAR group(s) to the phones

4. Assign AAR CSS to phone A

and that's it. Keep in mind however that when phone B will make outbound calls on non FXO trunks (i.e. PRI) the caller ID of the reeptionist number will be used, unless you overrtite it with somthing else on route pattern, etc.

Another approch would be to create TPs that transform the called number and place them in new AAR paritions which will be accessible from the AAR CSS, so you can keep the correct external phone number mask.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

really u r great chris !!!

thanks

what about CCM 5.0 or 5.1, is the enhancement in aar in 4.2 is the same in 5.0 or 5.1 or there are other enhancements?

No, CCM 6.0 due out somtime spring 2007 will have it.

Chris

CCM 6.0 ????!!!!!

does cisco announce for CCM 6.0

if yes then WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW

is this trueeeeeeee?!!

hi chris .... could u p.s inform us about this breaking news (CCM 6.0) is it officially announced by Cisco, i actually didn't find any link in this regard

thanks 4u

It's not official, but it should be out sometime in 2007 as I said, I cannot go into more detail ;-(

Chris

Cisco usually release new voice products around Voicecon...so you "may" expect the release dates soon after Voicecon 07...(march-april time frame)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content