Views
Helpful
Replies

AAR or ROUTE LIST TO PSTN?

Marcos Cardoso
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a custome which has a internal extesion to user dials to support. Therefore, this extesion redirects to anoter number outside via TRUNK. I have to set up the second way when this trunk becomes down. I already setted up one route pattern with a route list and then a Route Group with my two gateways. When this trunk is unavaialable the user stills dialing the internal extesion but, redirects to a number in PSTN for example 0.4455XXXX. AAR is a option for this scnario?

Thank you for any help!

Marcos Cardoso

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, AAR is only invoked when Location bandwidth is exhausted.

Chris

Tks Chris

Hi Chris,

So what's the solution for this scenario? PSTN redundancy. Thanks!

Hi

To get failover between your gateways , you can use RL "Route List". The RL will contain your GWs or your RG (route groups) in order if the 1st is down the call will be route using the 2nd. Please share with us if you need more help.For example , if we have 2 X gateways (H323 gateway with PRI and other MGCP gateway with other PRI). Please find the below

1- create two gateways , On CUCM - device - gateway and register the both gateways to your CUCM.

2-Create two RGs . On CUCM -call routing- route group .

3-Create Rl which will includes the both RGs.

4-Create route pattern for example 911 and attache the created RL on step 3.

so the call will take the 1st gateway on the RL , if 1 st gateway down the call will be routed using the 2nd gateway on the list.

Thank you

please rate all useful information

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

Keep in mind you want to keep both GW in separate groups so when group 1 is exhausted, you can failover to group 2.

If you keep both GW on the same group, you will be doing a 50/50 balance between the two, not failover.

Also you might need to tune some service parameters on CUCM to hunt on unallocated number, if you are using H323 as your GW signaling protocol, for failover to work properly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: