cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AAR Settings on Phone

shaftstri
Level 1
Level 1

Why would we use configure the --> AAR Destination Mask & AAR group under AAR settings on the line

VS using

the External phone number mask on the line and AAR group of the device.

Is there a good logical explanation?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
    Hall of Fame
    Hall of Fame

You do not have to configure AAR Destination Mask if you want the destination to be the same as the External Phone number mask, but this gives you flexibility to enter something different.  AAR Group is required on both DN and Device as Device level control outbound AAR and Line controls Inbound AAR, i.e. phone invoking AAR feature, and DN that needs to be redirected.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
    Hall of Fame
    Hall of Fame

You do not have to configure AAR Destination Mask if you want the destination to be the same as the External Phone number mask, but this gives you flexibility to enter something different.  AAR Group is required on both DN and Device as Device level control outbound AAR and Line controls Inbound AAR, i.e. phone invoking AAR feature, and DN that needs to be redirected.

HTH,

Chris

Thank you

By the way have you got the document/ link reference that details your summary

You do not have to configure AAR  Destination Mask if you want the destination to be the same as the  External Phone number mask, but this gives you flexibility to enter  something different.  AAR Group is required on both DN and Device as  Device level control outbound AAR and Line controls Inbound AAR, i.e.  phone invoking AAR feature, and DN that needs to be redirected.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: