cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AAR When WAN fails

ragulan_dms
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to know whether AAR is used to reroute the calls through PSTN if WAN is congested or even if WAN link fails ? Because I have a centralized CCM running at HO,and Branch with SRST enabled. I guess translation pattern might help me at remote site to dial HO using extension. What abt HO ? Do I have to manipulate the translation patterns and CCS or AAR will do ?

Thanks

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

AAR is not for use during a WAN failure. AAR is used to automatically reroute calls during times when there is not enough bandwidth to route the call over the WAN. SRST is used to take over call processing during a WAN failure.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

If using CCm 4.2 you may check Call Forward Unregistered Feature.

Thanks Guys.

I am not using CCM 4.2. In this case, Is there any way to reroute the call from central Office to remote office during the WAN failure ? What i mean is HO user dials the extension of remote office ( eg : 2001). then we have to do the prefix automatically to the remote office PSTN Number so that call will be push out through the gateway at HO to PSTN.

Any advise.

thanks

There's no way in this case to automatically reroute the calls. You could create a translation pattern at the time of failure that translates the extension to the full E.164.

Brandon

Thanks a lot. It will definitly help us to reroute . But my worry is if the failure is for a short time then it may not so suitable to create translation pattern during the failure times.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: