Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Abbr Dial on 4.1.3 CCM

Can anyone advise why I can not see Abbr dial on my Phone template on any 79XX phone? Can I get it downloaded from somewhere or is it in here and I need directions to find it?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Abbr Dial on 4.1.3 CCM

You have to stay on-hook.

After dialling the first digit,Abbr will occur.

/Martin

8 REPLIES

The abbr dial key is not on any Template. From this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801ebe74.html#wp1029487

"A user can configure up to 99 speed-dial entries. Speed-dial entries that are not assigned to the speed-dial buttons on the phone are used for abbreviated dialing. When a user starts dialing digits, the AbbrDial softkey appears, and the user can access any speed-dial entry by entering the appropriate index."

So what you need to do is to configure the speed dials (not the ones assigned to a button on the phone).

HTH

//Jorge

I have went to my ccm user page added a speed dial. Pick up phone get dial tone. No Abrr shows on dispaly. I believe i need to add this option to my phone. but where?

You have to stay on-hook.

After dialling the first digit,Abbr will occur.

/Martin

Its a phone software feature. You will not be able to see it in Softkey template.

what Firmware you are running or CCM Version.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/phones/ps379/prod_release_note09186a008022f31a.html

I do not have access to this page...any idea's?

Bronze

Phil

Once you have configured the speed dials on the CCMUSER page, then all you do to use them is with the receiver on-hook, dial one of the speed dial numbers then press ABBrDial softkey. For example, my home phone is loaded on speed dial 19, so with the receiver down I dial 19, then press the ABBrDial softkey and the phone places the call.

Larry

Hi - abbrev dialing is working for us, and I would like my folks to be able to transfer calls using the abbrev dial feature. I don't see abbrev dial in any of the phone states that are listed in the templates. Any ideas on how to access abbrev dialing to transfer calls?

Use combination Direct Transfer and Abbr Dial, result is the same

Regards Nenad

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content