Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

able to dial into FXO port but cant dial out

I have a lab with a CCM 4.3 and 2821 VG running IOS 12.4(13r). We dont have a PRI to pull to the T1 controller so I'm testing dial tone with the VIC2-4FXO card. I've pulled 2 POTS lines to the FXO ports and have configured their endpoints in CCM with correct DNs, CSS, Dev Pool, and locations. On the VG side I'm running MGCP and dialpeers have been configured. We are able to call into the handsets on the CCM from outside the lab but can't dial out of the lab to the PSTN. Im using the Allow Domestic Long Distance route pattern (9.1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX)to get dial tone but when I dial out we'll get a quick ring then a message "we're sorry, your call cannot be completed as dialed, please check the number and try again. or call your attendant to help you.thank you". Attached is my router config, any help would be great.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: able to dial into FXO port but cant dial out

'debug vpm signal' and 'debug mgcp packet' will tell you if it's getting to your router or not.

'show ccm' will show you registration, and 'show mgcp endpoint' will show you which ports are valid.

If it doesn't hit your gateway, check your route pattern partition against the CSS of the phone you're dialing from.

-nick

4 REPLIES

Make sure that the POTS lines are assoicated to a Route Group/Route List. Make sure the Route Pattern or Route List is configured to Predot the 9. On the gateway run a "debug vpm signal" to see if the call is getting to the router. If not, then the problem lies with your CM configuration.

If this helps, please rate post.

'debug vpm signal' and 'debug mgcp packet' will tell you if it's getting to your router or not.

'show ccm' will show you registration, and 'show mgcp endpoint' will show you which ports are valid.

If it doesn't hit your gateway, check your route pattern partition against the CSS of the phone you're dialing from.

-nick

Community Member

Thanks guys. The sh and debug commands worked great. sh ccm and mgcp endpoint verified that the VG saw the CCM and the ports were valid. Debug vpm signal showed the outgoing calls were never hitting the gateway. In the Route Patterns had to turn "Disgard Digits" to "NoDigits" instead of "PreDot". Looks like my POTS lines still need the 9 to make calls. Thanks again.

That is caused by one of two things. These are Centrix Lines which require the Nine or you my be integrating into a PBX that requires the nine.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content