Views
Helpful
Replies

about cucm migration license ?

dgl1981_2005
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I want to migration cucm from cucm 5.0 to new cluster  cucm 8.6 system.  adn  add new mcs server . the old mcs server no use,

we configure the new cluster cucm 8.6 with a fresh configuration. the old config data no use. we have migration license MIG-CUCM-USR-A.

how  to  obtaining a license  file?   Thanks everyone !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How did you order the migration?

Did you receive a license PAK envelope or an electronic PAK?

You need that in order to register the licenses and associate it with the CUCM MAC address.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How did you order the migration?

Did you receive a license PAK envelope or an electronic PAK?

You need that in order to register the licenses and associate it with the CUCM MAC address.

HTH,

Chris

I have a old cucm 5.0 cluster systerm and  ip phone .  I want to install cucm 8.6 on new mcs server.

and  ip phone will register to cucm 8.6 system, the old cucm 5.0 system and old mcs server  no use.

I received CUCM-PAK, But about MIG-CUCM-USR-A,  what  I need to provide information ?  how to obtaining a license file?

I need to send email to license@cisco.com ?  and obtaining a license setp ?  Thanks a lot !

Are you building the CUCM 8 system from scratch or are you planning on upgrading existing CUCM 5.0?

To register the PAKs you go to:

cisco.com/go/license

Chris

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

You will need both the Software License Version for 8.6,as well as the nodes and DLU's re-hosted to the new Publisher MAC

Let them know this is for 8.6 .

Cisco Licensing is very,very good about re-homing these licenses when required. Just send an email to;

licensing@cisco.com

Something like this;

We are upgrading our server hardware  for our CUCM 5.x cluster. and moving to 8.6 We have a License tied to MAC CCCDDDAAABBB and now require the licenses to be re-homed to our Publisher MAC AAABBBCCCDDD accordingly.

***Send them the output from the License Unit Report from CUCM ***

Here is the pertinent info;

PAK = xxxxxxxxxxx

End User Name - Bobmart.com

Legal Address

City,Country

Purchase Order Number - 111111

Sales Order Number - 2222333

Bill to ID - xxxxx

Ship to ID - xxxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance for all your help with this! Can you please email the new license to:

2005@funmart.ca

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: