cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

About reseting CLI password in a Cisco Unity Express module.

rodmont74
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I've been assigned an old CUCME installation that uses CUE 3.1.1 but I cannot get into administrator GUI pages or into session by CLI from the router. Checking Cisco documentation about reseting, I could only find ways of reseting accounts when you are able to get into CLI.

The router is on another country so I have no easy way to physicaly access it, but I can request remote help from end user support staff if needed.

Does anyone please if password is recoverable or can be reseted?

Thanks a lot.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is router authenticating access to line 66 via username/password.

From  router CLI,  either know username/password, or remove login authentication for line 66.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to access the CLI, do you know how to do that ?

Thanks for replying. I've been trying with the session option from the Integrate Services module.

UYMONT-18-4FL-GW01#

UYMONT-18-4FL-GW01#service-module integrated-Service-Engine 1/0 session

Trying 10.21.18.2, 2066 ... Open

User Access Verification

Username:

There is an option to reset password but I am not sure how it works. I'm getting Cisco guides for CUE to look for more details.
Is it possible to force a login into CUE CLI from gateway CLI? Cisco has some docs over reseting admin password, but I can only use them after I get into CUE.
thanks a lot.

This is router authenticating access to line 66 via username/password.

From  router CLI,  either know username/password, or remove login authentication for line 66.

That nailed right into it. Added RADIUS aaa method to line 66 (not sure if it worked with this) and I was into the CUE CLI. Actually this CUE is 7.0 not 3.1.1 as some older ones. The admin user password was reset and I got it documented.

Thanks a lot again Paolo!

You are welcome, thanks for the nice rating and good luck!