cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

About reseting CLI password in a Cisco Unity Express module.

rodmont74
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I've been assigned an old CUCME installation that uses CUE 3.1.1 but I cannot get into administrator GUI pages or into session by CLI from the router. Checking Cisco documentation about reseting, I could only find ways of reseting accounts when you are able to get into CLI.

The router is on another country so I have no easy way to physicaly access it, but I can request remote help from end user support staff if needed.

Does anyone please if password is recoverable or can be reseted?

Thanks a lot.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is router authenticating access to line 66 via username/password.

From  router CLI,  either know username/password, or remove login authentication for line 66.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to access the CLI, do you know how to do that ?

Thanks for replying. I've been trying with the session option from the Integrate Services module.

UYMONT-18-4FL-GW01#

UYMONT-18-4FL-GW01#service-module integrated-Service-Engine 1/0 session

Trying 10.21.18.2, 2066 ... Open

User Access Verification

Username:

There is an option to reset password but I am not sure how it works. I'm getting Cisco guides for CUE to look for more details.
Is it possible to force a login into CUE CLI from gateway CLI? Cisco has some docs over reseting admin password, but I can only use them after I get into CUE.
thanks a lot.

This is router authenticating access to line 66 via username/password.

From  router CLI,  either know username/password, or remove login authentication for line 66.

That nailed right into it. Added RADIUS aaa method to line 66 (not sure if it worked with this) and I was into the CUE CLI. Actually this CUE is 7.0 not 3.1.1 as some older ones. The admin user password was reset and I got it documented.

Thanks a lot again Paolo!

You are welcome, thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: