Views
Helpful
Replies

about to upgrade CME/CUE - licensing questions

lukeprimm
Level 1
Level 1

I have a branch office 2851 running CME 4.2 - NME-CUE running CUE 3.1

Im flying out to upgrade it next week and configure SRST.  Wondering what version I should go to and do i need any additonal licensing (my understaning is not unitl ios 15)?  I have an up to date support contract with Cisco/Smartnet.   According to my research, this is what I have come up with.

Router: 2851 mem/256 Flash/384

IOS: 12.4(9)T

CME: 8.6

CUE: 8.6

thoughts?

thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CME 8.6 is exclusively IOS 15.1(4)M, and that is what you have to install. It should be fine with 256 MB RAM.

Beside that, there are no licensing requirements.

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Luke,

The "new" licensing model is only applied to ISR-G2 models (29xx,39xx) so your

existing licenses should be good to go when moving to 15.x as our friend Paolo nicely noted

(+5 "P") ;

Cisco’s Integrated Services Routers Generation Two Licensing and Packaging

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps10616/white_paper_c11_556985_ps10536_Products_White_Paper.html#wp9000793

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CME 8.6 is exclusively IOS 15.1(4)M, and that is what you have to install. It should be fine with 256 MB RAM.

Beside that, there are no licensing requirements.

maybe im confusing it with ISR G2?  Does a license come into play when you get into ISRG2 routers?  I know that I ran into something somewhere where you now had to add licensing once you upgraded.  Thanks

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Luke,

The "new" licensing model is only applied to ISR-G2 models (29xx,39xx) so your

existing licenses should be good to go when moving to 15.x as our friend Paolo nicely noted

(+5 "P") ;

Cisco’s Integrated Services Routers Generation Two Licensing and Packaging

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps10616/white_paper_c11_556985_ps10536_Products_White_Paper.html#wp9000793

Cheers!

Rob