Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about upgrade from call manager 4.2 to Call manager 7.0

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade the existing call manager from 4.2. to 7.0...

I have a new server for the call manager 7..

what I am planning to do is to build the call manager 7 and then set up intercluster trunk between call manager 4.2. and call manager 7 and then graduatlly migrate the user across.

however, I am not sure how to set it up..

the voice gateway is MGCP gateway, which is connected to the call manager 4.2. ... and then how can i set up an intercluster trunk between call manager 4.2. and call manager 7 so that when call comes in through the MGCP gateway and then hit the call manager 4.2... then how does it know for some of the phones that registered to call manager 7.0 and have to forward to the other call manager?

Also.. if i have to do the migration in phase... how can i migrate the extension from 4.2. to 7.0 in different phase? i understand taht you can only use DMA to migrate the data while you are building the call manager 7.0 ... but cant use it once you already finished building call manager 7.0

any idea?

Thanks

Rachel

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: about upgrade from call manager 4.2 to Call manager 7.0

How to send PSTN calls thru an ICT is extremely simple. If you set the DN on a phone, then the phone rings. If you set the DN in a route pattern with an ICT, you send the call thru the ICT.

"then how does it know for some of the phones that registered to call manager 7.0 and have to forward to the other call manager? "

Best match routing (the way CCM/CUCM has always worked), if you moved Phone DN 1111 to 7.X, create a route pattern 1111 and use the ICT.

The only possible way you could migrate phones would be to do it manually or to export them using BAT and then reimport them in 7.X. You need to adjust the csv files, it's not as simple as just export in 4.x and choose import in 7.x. Many new mandatory fields were added in 7.x and you need to set them in the csv.

You can export a phone in 7.X to get a sample of all fields required.

Also please do not duplicate posts.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content