Views
Helpful
Replies

Access point support for a Cisco 7921 IP Phone

doreskicisco1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question or possibly confirmation regarding the Cisco 7921 IP Phone. I am wanting the purchase the mentioned IP Phone however, the documentation/data sheet doesnt indicate support for a Cisco Aironet 1041 Access Point, which I have. It seems that the  IP Phone has support for older access points, however, not the 1041. Just wondering if someone can possibly confirm this for me?

Note: The 1041 access point that I have is not the LAP version (no controller card), just the stand alone access point (AP).

Thanks in advance.

Dennis.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Dennis

I see no reason why it shouldn't work. The 7921 should work with any WiFi compliant IEEE 802.11b/g access point (both Cisco and otherwise).

Please be aware that the 7921 is now end of sale.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/ps7071/end_of_life_notice_c51-682734.html

Replacement is the 7925.

HTH. Barry

View solution in original post

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
the documentation/data sheet doesnt indicate support for a Cisco Aironet 1041 Access Point, which I have.

WAP 1040 will support 7921.  IT's not stated because no one bothered raising this issue with Cisco (use the "Feedback" link found in the lower left-hand corner).  Cisco documentation team are normally very quick to respond (within 3 hours) by sending you an email just to clarify what your complaint is all about.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Dennis

I see no reason why it shouldn't work. The 7921 should work with any WiFi compliant IEEE 802.11b/g access point (both Cisco and otherwise).

Please be aware that the 7921 is now end of sale.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/ps7071/end_of_life_notice_c51-682734.html

Replacement is the 7925.

HTH. Barry

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
the documentation/data sheet doesnt indicate support for a Cisco Aironet 1041 Access Point, which I have.

WAP 1040 will support 7921.  IT's not stated because no one bothered raising this issue with Cisco (use the "Feedback" link found in the lower left-hand corner).  Cisco documentation team are normally very quick to respond (within 3 hours) by sending you an email just to clarify what your complaint is all about.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: