Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

access voicemail box

hi

we have CUCM 6.x in our network, i want to know how to access my voicemail box from the outside , for example i need to access my voicemail box from my mobile phone and also from the inside from another extension..

Karthik

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

What Java is asking for is what do you use for VoiceMail (Unity Express, Unity, UnityConnection), if you use Unity or UnityConnection you can set a phone number where the people can call and make a translation pattern to a route point that forward all the calls to the voice mail, in Unity you set a call routing rule in the forwarded calls option, in the forwarded station you write the DN of the route point, the call type should be "both" (external and internal) and then you send the call to "Sign in". When the persons dial the number the unity will ask for the ID ( extension) and the password.

Gabriel

View solution in original post

Dialing into Unity just press * and the default behavior is it will send you to login conversation and will ask for your ID and pwd. You can configure alternate numbers in your subscriber and it can automatically recognize them and just ask for the pwd.

The other option is as mentioned a dedicated number and sending those calls to the sign in conversation.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It would be most helpful if you mention what you use for VM, knowing you have CUCM really doesn't help for this question.

HTH

java

HTH

java

the directors in our office wants to read their voice mail box from the outside whenever they are travelling or when they are not their desk, and also whenever they are in some other room.

What Java is asking for is what do you use for VoiceMail (Unity Express, Unity, UnityConnection), if you use Unity or UnityConnection you can set a phone number where the people can call and make a translation pattern to a route point that forward all the calls to the voice mail, in Unity you set a call routing rule in the forwarded calls option, in the forwarded station you write the DN of the route point, the call type should be "both" (external and internal) and then you send the call to "Sign in". When the persons dial the number the unity will ask for the ID ( extension) and the password.

Gabriel

Ok we use unity ...is there any document you can provide me to do what you have said

Dialing into Unity just press * and the default behavior is it will send you to login conversation and will ask for your ID and pwd. You can configure alternate numbers in your subscriber and it can automatically recognize them and just ask for the pwd.

The other option is as mentioned a dedicated number and sending those calls to the sign in conversation.

HTH

java

HTH

java

i did the same steps which you have said and it is working now

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: