Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Accessing a phone (7962) from Windows using Tapi

We have a CUCM server with some 7962/7945 phones.  We want to be able to dial from Windows and such, but we are stuck where its asking us for a phone username and password..

Unfortunatly I am not much of a Cisco guy so commands are a foreign to me.  I am not able to locate where I can set a username/password for a phone on the web GUI for CM.  I was able to locate documentation for the ephone command but I cant figure out where to use it.  I tried looking around some of our cisco devices (I cant seem to telnet to the call manager... this normal?) but I cant see how to use ephone, the documentation I read said I have to be in config mode, but I dont see any ephone command other then ephone-type or ephone-hunt

\

Can anyone provide some advise.

5 REPLIES

Re: Accessing a phone (7962) from Windows using Tapi

Username and password you'd use in Cisco tsp client would be username and password that user would use to login to /ccmuser.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

any idea why I get the following error then?  I am able to log into the website \ccmuser with the credentials, but I get this error.  Is there something I need to enable?

Found Router :  10.10.10.2

Invalid TAPI client username. Registration rejected. It is most likely your username and password do not match or the phone is being used by some other applications.

Hi,

If I understand you well, you are using CUCM server. So add a new user from the CUCM end user page and assign this user to your IP Phone and assign it these grops: standard ccm end user and standard cti enabled

Then you will be able to login to the ccmuser page

But the words ephone-hunt and ephone,, it is related to the CUCME [call manager express] not CUCM server

Regards

Haitham

umm, I believe I may have used the wrong term in the original post.  We have Call Manager Express... Does this product support what I am trying to do (ultimatly dial from Outlook)?

I added my account to the 'Owner User ID' field on the phone, but i get the same error.

umm, I believe I may have used the wrong term in the original post.  We have Call Manager Express... This this product support what I am trying to do?

I added my account to the 'Owner User ID' field on the phone, but i get the same error.

Views
Helpful
Replies