Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing a user's call report from Cisco Unified CM Administration

jon becker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have 40+ Cisco IP Phone 7965, and an administrator in our office wants to know if he can access the database of any user's call history, e.g. wants to know what calls I made and received from any specific dates in the past.  I was thinking it could be done through the Cisco Unified CM Administration web interface, but I don't know where to look at.  Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks.

14 Replies 14

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you want to do that from CAR, not from CCMAdmin. Go to serviceability to find it, assuming you have it enabled.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi and thanks for the prompt reply.

The serviceability in the CCMAdmin?

Use the dropdown from top right corner.

HTH

java

One of them says Cisco Unified Serviceability.  Once I click on it, where do I go?

+5 to Jaime... or you can use below URL to get the same.

http://<IP address of CUCM>/car

Suresh

Hi Suresh,

Ok thanks for the link.  Where do I go to check on call reports from a user?

Click on "CDR" then "Export CDR/CMR" and then check "CDR Records" and select the duration. You will get this CDR info in text format and after that you can open it using Notepad ++ and you can analyze it.

Suresh

I download and open it with notepad ++, but its very hard to read and understand the file.  Is there a way I can just pull up a specific user?

This is what I see when I open the CDR Dump file with notepad++.

Read the documentation for CAR, or play with it, getting reports is not that hard

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/10_0_1/car/CUCM_BK_C885BA46_00_cdr-analysis-reporting-administration-100.html

HTH

java

I figure it out how to search the CDR of a single user.  Question is, how far back can I go?  Does the data deletes itself after a certain amount of days in the system?

The maximum time data will be stored is 180 days, if you need to keep it for longer periods of time, you need to configure a billing server to hold the data, and also a 3rd party billing server as we only export the raw data.

The default is just 60 days for keeping records.

HTH

java

Is the billing server also in the CAR?  Or is it something that is outside of Cisco?

You can use any FTP server or you can get an actual 3rd party billing server with a pretty web interface for management to use.

Rather than exporting all the CDR, you can also just search for a certain extension under CDR->Search->By User/Phone Number.  You can then enter their extension and press the "Add Phone Number" button and then set the time range.

To configure a billing server, go to CDR management, setting up the SFTP server to receive the CDR flat files, is up to you.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: