cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ad-Hoc Conferencing

brandon_leiker
Level 1
Level 1

I've setup Ad-Hoc conferencing on a 2811 running 12.4(15)T8 with CME 4.1.0.2. Using phone 1 I call phone 2 and then on phone 1 I place phone 2 on hold. Then I make a new call from phone 1 to phone 3. At that point I press conference on phone 1 and phone 2 and 3 are joined in a conference and phone 1 shows that it is connected to the extension that I have defined as the conference extension. However, I hear a busy signal on phone 1. Phones 2 and 3 can communicate back and forth just fine, but phone 1 doesn't become part of the conference. Phone 1 and 2 are on the same CME and phone 3 is on another phone system that communicates via H323. The conferencing is setup as hardware on the 2811 and I have enough PVDM2 resources to allow 6 sessions. I don't understand why phone 1 doesn't become part of the conference.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, once you configure HW conferencing, ad-hoc stops working. My recommendation is that patiently you go over the config examples in the manual to find a possible mistake.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brandon,

Just a comment here on the methods used by the phone user to setup the Conference. This is normally done this way;

Phone 1 calls Phone 2

Phone 2 answers

Phone 1 Presses Conference Button

Phone 1 calls Phone 3

Phone 3 answers

Phone 1 Presses Conference Button a second time and all three calls are Conferenced together.

Just a thought :)

Rob

Thanks for the response Rob. I've tried that method as well and the same thing happens.

Are you using hardware or software conferencing here?

With CME software conferencing allows only for 3 parties, with hardware you can have up to 8.

If you are using hardware conferencing the most common ommision is the creation of conference ephone-dns, make sure you create these as described in the admin guide.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: