Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AD Intergration Advice

Hi Everyone

I've been looking thru the posts for the answer to my question but I didn't quite see it so here goes.  I am running CUCM 7.1.3(1 Pub 1 Sub)  with Unity Connection 8.5 Unified Messaging and we also have a small UCCX Express 7.0  installation. We never intergrated AD because it was a mess at the time, however we now have it cleaned up (AD 2008) and we now want to tie AD into CUCM because our corporate directory on the (IP Phones) is about 20% accurate. We will be upgrading CUCM and UCCX to 8.5 sometime in the next 6 months.  Can anyone advise me on what to do. 

Should we push forward with AD intergration now or wait until 8.5, if we don't wait what will happen once we upgrade to 8.5?   What do we have to do in order to intergrate AD with our current version? I thought I read somewhere in this forurm that care should be taken if UCCX is involved, what are the considerations involved with it?  If there is some sort of guide out there that anyone knows about will you please advise. Thank you in advance for your help.

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

AD Intergration Advice

the integration is the same on version 7.1 as it is on version 8.X, I belive the LDAP fliter was exposed to GUI in version 8.X, so that may be the only change. So, ultimately it does not matter which version you will do it on.  I suggest reading latest CUCM SRND which has a very good description on how the integration works and CUCM Admin guide for step by step instructions to doing it.  One thing you will need to ensure is that current users in CUCM/UCON are defined with the same user ID as the attribute you will be using for the integration, i.e. samAccountName, otherwise those users will bt purged out from the applications.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

AD Intergration Advice

Thanks Chris and I'll check out those resources.

Cisco Employee

AD Intergration Advice

Please be aware of UCCX related issues as discussed on the thread here. Careful planning & lab simulation should be done to avoid such issues. https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3524280#3524280

Pls rate the post if it helps ?

GP.

AD Intergration Advice

I'll certainly make sure we don't fall into this trap thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies