cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add a new subscriber to CUCM Cluster?

MehmetKaya
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco Unified Communication Manager Cluster( version: 8.6.2.2000-2).

I will add a new subscriber to existing cluster.

I have : a new 8.5. instaliation dvd , 8.6.2.2000-2 upgrade dvd.

is it possible to add the new subscriber to cluster. or is it posibble firstly install 8.5 as subs.

later?

first install cop file and later 8.6.6 upgrade dvd.  is there any path for add a new subs in cluster. Because ı havent 8.6.2.2000-2 installiation dvd.

Regards.

10 Replies 10

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

HI

The subscriber should have same CUCM release in installation DVD.

Rgeards

Ronak patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

I havent same release with cucm cluster. When We add a new subscriber it is posible to upgrade (for reach to cluster version I thinks. But from 8.5. to 8.6 you should install cop file before upgrading 8.6). My aim is how to doing this issue.

And Ronak is there any official decument about your saing.

Regards.

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Boot from the 8.5 installation DVD. When it says 'do you want to install a patch' say 'yes'.

Then it will continue... at some point it will ask for an upgrade patch, select 'local', insert the 8.6.2 DVD and hit OK. It will then install 8.6.2 version instead and you can add it direct to the cluster.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

. When We add a new subscriber it is posible to upgrade (for reach to cluster version I thinks. But from 8.5. to 8.6 you should install cop file before upgrading 8.6). My aim is how to doing this issue.  (aaronharrison)

And Ronak is there any official decument about your saing.

Hi,

It is not documneted. But I have seen TAC case where it has created problem.

Best solution would be to ask for  Bootable media form your Cisco Sales team.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi,

Did you manage to install the new subscriber?

I am trying to do something similar (but with an 8.0(3) bootable DVD AND UPGRADRING TO 8.6(2a)su1) and when I try the process suggested by Aaron I get a message "Unable to install patches, disk xxxx directory /"

I know the disk is ok as I have used it to upgrade other servers in the cluster from 8.0(3) to 8.6(2a)su1.

Can anyone confirm that what I am trying to do should work?

Hi James,

Please read this document before you upgrade..

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16898

Pls rate useful posts..

Please rate all useful posts

Hi,

Thank you for the response but unfortunately the document you linked to does not cover the issue that I (and the OP) are faced with.

Can anyone else help?

Hi James,

If you want to upgrade from the prior the 8.5.1 to 8.6.x you have to firsty install applicable COP file then upgrade.

By the way this document will cover your issue I think as  "aokanlawon"

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16898