Views
Helpful
Replies

Add/modify PAB auto disconnect timer

Julien GUERIN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are CCM6 using 7945G we want to change or activate the auto disconnect timer for Personal Address Book.

We found on 7945G for CCM6 documentation that is possible but i can't find where.

The PAB works find, but he didn't auto disconnect or after a too much long time.

We can see in the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7965G and 7945G for Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0 (SCCP and SIP) page 55 : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7965g_7945g/6_0/english/user/guide/7965_45_UG_CUCM6_0.pdf

"Personal Directory automatically logs you out after a certain amount of time. This time limit can vary. Ask your system administrator for more information."

So i'm looking for information about that timer.

Thanks for reading me.

Julien

Edit By Julien GUERIN

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I'm not sure there's a way to affect this; there are similar timeouts (for example on CCMAdmin) that can't be edited in current CCM versions.

What you can do is set up the Personal Directory for one-button login - but this does add some administrative overhead.

If you want to do this, it's like so:

1) Set up a new service: http://172.28.17.10:8080/ccmpd/login.do?name=#DEVICENAME#&service=pd (using your own CCM IP)

2) Add parameters:

userid

pin

3) Subscribe the service to users, and as you do so, insert their userid and PIN. If you prefer, send them to CCMUser to enter the details.

Once added, the don't need to auth - but if they change their PIN they do need to update it in CCMUser.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

thank you for this quick answer

I found this method in CCM6 admin guide but the customer don't want this, i prefer to use the timeout but at this time if he's already active is about hours of inactivity and it's too much.

Julien

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: