Views
Helpful
Replies

Add new range of phone numbers to call manager 9.x

empsonmatthew
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Sorry if this is a beginner question. Our company had a CUCM/CUPS/IM/UCCX/QM 9 solution installed for our IP phone system and call centre. When it was installed we had a block of 100 numbers (1111 1100 - 1111 1199) configured which we have now out grown.

We have purchased another block of from our telco (2222 2200 - 2222 2299) and need to integrate these into our system.

I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of some documentation on how to integrate these into our system, or is this a task that we should seek to contract out?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to determine how many digits you're going to use and how your dial plan will look like, before anything else, then you config the GW (assuming H323/SIP) with the new DPs and the GW/trunk config in CUCM to handle the new DNs. If MGCP, just the MGCP GW config, and all dial plan config will be in CUCM.

There's not one doc at cisco.com to tell you how to do this step by step, they only come by pieces, and assume you have knowledge of GW and CUCM.

There are some GW-CUCM config guides for all protocols, but you need to know how your dial plan will look like to configure accordingly.

If you have little experience with CUCM, you might want to get a consultant to avoid problems with your current config.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to determine how many digits you're going to use and how your dial plan will look like, before anything else, then you config the GW (assuming H323/SIP) with the new DPs and the GW/trunk config in CUCM to handle the new DNs. If MGCP, just the MGCP GW config, and all dial plan config will be in CUCM.

There's not one doc at cisco.com to tell you how to do this step by step, they only come by pieces, and assume you have knowledge of GW and CUCM.

There are some GW-CUCM config guides for all protocols, but you need to know how your dial plan will look like to configure accordingly.

If you have little experience with CUCM, you might want to get a consultant to avoid problems with your current config.

HTH

java

Thanks Jamie, that definitely sounds outside my skill level at the moment, so a consultant will probably be the best option.

I have added the below new new DID range -+1-814-462-XXXX [5700 – 5899] for one of the dummy site : NAUSCHICAGO

1- Created the incoming translation rule on gateway.
2- Created the Outgoing translation rule on gateway.
3- Created the GDPR pattern -85585 [78]XX on CUCM.
4- Checked the translation pattern for 8558XXXX range.
5- Checked the dial-peer settings on the gateway for range 8558XXXX."

kavon122001
Level 1
Level 1

We have purchased another block of from our telco (2222 2200 - 2222 2299) and need to integrate these into our system.

My answer is still applicable, you need to know what you will get from your telco, how it will fit in your current dial plan, and then depending on the protocols to be used, configure appropriately in the GW/CUBE/CUCM and if there's need for any kind of normalization or digit manipulation, determine where to do it.

And as I said before, if you're not familiar with any of the above, get a consultant who is knowledgeable on Cisco UC or a Cisco partner WITH voice specializations. 

HTH

java

I figured it out myself, going forward let someone competent answer the question
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: