cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding 400 Cisco phones

KeithRussell
Level 1
Level 1

I am going to be adding 400 Cisco Phones to an existing site. This is scattered across a few user VLANs and dozens of switches.

Is there a way to take an existing VLAN and automatically associate a voice VLAN with it? 

4 Replies 4

adawa
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, Keith. 

Once you activate voice VLAN, it should already send untagged traffic for port priority. What switch are you planning on getting or currently have? 

Let me know if you have additional concerns or e-mail me directly (adawa@cisco.com) for more support. Kind regards. 

Tagir Temirgaliyev
Spotlight
Spotlight

for example 306 is existinf vlan

interface FastEthernet0/1
 switchport access vlan 306
 switchport mode access

and you need to add voice vlan 307

conf t

int rang FastEthernet0/1-48

switchport voice vlan 307

exi

wr

KeithRussell
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks I am aware of range commands but I am looking at 50-60 switches where ports 1-3 may get phones, port 4 is a trunk to an access point 6,7,8 get phones then I have an uplink, then another few phones before a couple server ports. Basically over the years the switches have become very fragmented.

What I was looking for and have never seen is a command that would take existing user vlan 306 and add a voice VLAN entry to it based on the original VLAN.

I am obviously making this up but..

switch#conf t

switch(config)# int vlan 306

desc user vlan

ip address 10.1.1.0

voice-vlan 307

Then have voice vlan 307 show up magically everywhere that I have vlan 306.

I really don't know that such a command exists. It would just save a few of us a lot of typing and potential mistakes.

bsiapco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, KeithRussell.

Has this concern been addressed? Have you already bought Cisco phones and switches? If you need more assistance kindly email me directly at (bsiapco@cisco.com)

Thanks!

Barry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: