Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding 9 for all outgoing calls

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Folks,

When we receive a call from outside, in the Directories -> received/missed calls, I have the number strating with erea code. I need to be able to add 9 automatically in front of the erea code of the received calls in order to be able to dial the number using the dial option on the phone. How can I make the CCM to add the 9 in front of the received/missed numbers?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just a few simple pointers:-

If you are trying to initiate a Meet-Me conference then verify that the Partition assigned to the Meet-Me DNs is in the CSS for the Softphone/IP Communicator.

Secondly, verify that the IOS CFB is in a MRG, and that MRG is a member of a MRGL. The MRGL should then be associated with the Device-Pool which is assigned to the SoftPhone.

Regards

Allan.

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

You can add prefix 9 in the "service paramaeters" under the field "Incoming calling party national number prefix"

That should take care of it.

Thanks Rajesh,

I can not find the incoming calling party number prefix uner Service Parameters. I am using CCM 5.1. Could you please send me the complet path?

Thanks,

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bahman,

Hope all is well with you :)

There is a nice step by step guide in this doc;

Add Prefix to the Missed Call Number

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00805b6f33.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hello Rob,

My problem is resolved, thank you for your help. But another problem arised.

We are not able to send out our own extensions. We have DID's and people from outside were able to see our individual DID's but now after the modification they can just see the main number of the company. How can I dispay the individual DID's to outside people when I dial out?

Thanks,

Hello:

If you are using MGCP check under Gateway configuration under PRI configuration if you have caller ID setup under "Caller ID DN". If you have your main number there, delete that, and Under your each DN, make sure you have "External Phone number mask" is set.

For example if you have an extension 1234, and your DID range is 888-777, under your external phone number mask input as "888777XXXX"

If you are using H323 gateway, make sure under the dial-peer "clid network-number" is not there.

HTH

Thanks Rajesh,

We are using MGCP. I verified, there's nothing in the Caller ID DN on the Gateway. I tried to add 514340XXXX in the External Phone Number Mask but no sucess. It still displays the main number.

Thanks,

Hello:

Can you under route pattern "9.@" under the calling party transformations make sure Use calling party external phone number mask is checked

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

If your DID match the DN range that you have allocated to your phones, then the simplest approach would be to configure the Route-Group details within the specific Route-List.

Open the Route-List and at the bottom click on the Route-Group details, when the window opens you can disable Use Calling Party External Phone Mask, then input the Calling Party Transformation 123456XXXX.

If you have multiple DID ranges then this will not work, and therefore you will have to specifically change each phone external phone mask.

You could always use BAT to update the external phone mask if necessary, based on a query or custom file.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Allan.

Thanks Allan,

There's no External Phone mask option available with BAT tool when I chose to update Phones. I am using CCM 5.1.

Thanks,

Under the BAT Phones menu select the Add/Update line option, here you will find the external phone mask, you can then apply your mask 123456XXXX.

Initially test using a single extension or small range of DNs query until you satisfied that the BAT update is successful.

Regards

Allan.

That's the question???? Under Bulk Administration, I don't have Add/Update Line option. The only option is Update Phones and under Update phones there's no Extension mask option. Please note that I am using CCM 5.1. I am attaching the print Screen of the CallManager BAT page. As you can see there's no Add/Updage line option.

From the screen show look on the long list of options, here you will see the Add/Update line option select this one instead of update phones.

Regards

Allan.

Thanks Allan, I found it and it worked.

I have another issue that I posted 2 weeks ago but it's still not working. Please try to find the time and go through the issue as it's bothering us for a while. If you can just shade some lights, a rate of 5 is waiting for you. Here's the detail:

We are unable to transfer calls when using softphones. I configured a Hardware CFB in the Gateway but the CCM shows the regisration Rejected. The name of the CFB matches in both GW and CCM. I am sending you the config of the Gateway and also the debug Sccp all. Could you please have a look and let me know what is wrong. I am using CCM 5.1 and the gateway is a 2821. When I issue the following command in the Gateway, I don't see the version 5.1 in the available options. Do you think this is the problem?

gaCAQCMTL1TC1vr01(config)#sccp ccm 10.16.8.10 identifier 1 version ?

3.0 Select CCM 3.0 version

3.1 Select CCM 3.1 version

3.2 Select CCM 3.2 version

3.3 Select CCM 3.3 version

4.0 Select CCM 4.0 version

4.1 Select CCM 4.1 version

I did no sccp/sccp but it didn't resolve the problem.

Thanks in advance,

MK

Sorry I forgot the attachments

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: