Helpful
Replies

Adding a 9 when dialing from Missed Calls or Recieved Calls

ryabutler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have CUCM8.5.1 and trying to do the following:

What do I need to configure on CUCM8.5.1 to allow us to dial a number listed under Missed Calls / Recieved Calls on a IP phone to automatically add a "9" when dialing out (without going to EditDial)?

Thank you!

-rya

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ryan

You can find a setting for this in various places  but the easiest is probably on the gateway config page. On the config for the actaul interface (assuming it's MGCP controlled) there are a set of 'prefix' parameters. You can set a prefix of 9 for 'national' numbers and it will be inserted on all numbers marked as 'national' by your service provider.

You might also want a different prefix for 'international' numbers in the appropriate box...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for the very fast response.

But, is this assuming I have a route pattern matching "1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX"  or "[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX"

If not it will probably won't match and will wont be able to route the call to a MGCP gateway (or SIP trunk).  Hence the call will fail.

All of our route patterns have "9.".  For example: 9.1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX

Do I need to add a route pattern for "1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX"  or "[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX"?

Thank you!

-rya

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't have to add those additional patterns not stating with 9 as long ad you're prefixing a 9 for missed calls using what Aaron pointed out and if you don't want to display the calling party number to the up phone with a prefix of 91 or 9 for national calls you can use calling party transformations to display the number however you'd like to the users but leave the 9 prefixed under missed calls.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App