cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding BLF (Busy Lamp Field)

Burney Rogers
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure a BLF on Cisco 7975 phones. I have phones that I have configured BLFs on previously that are working. I have compared phones that have BLFs configuration that are working to the phones I am trying to configure now.

Unified Communication Manager 7.1.5.35900-7

Thanks,             

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Star mentioning phone system and version you're using.

Burney Rogers
Level 1
Level 1

Unified Communication Manager 7.1.5.35900-7

Sorry I left it out.

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Burney,

Below is a brief over view of configuring the BLF.

Basic BLF Configuration and IP phones that supports BLF

Basic BLF configuration + IP phones that supports BLF

BLF/SpeedDial configuration

Step 1  Enable the BLF for Call Lists enterprise parameter.

|
|
 --> CUCM Administration page --> Enterprise parameters ---> BLF Call List (Enable) BLF call list is just a plus of the configuration, the intention is when going into the Missed/Placed calls or Corporate Directory and see the status of the phones. Presence will show a small phone icon on the extension.

Step 2  To use presence group authorization, configure presence groups and permissions.

|
|
 --> We can leave the default Presence Group. We can play around with this only if you want to configure Monitoring more in depth.

Step 3  Configure the SUBSCRIBE Calling Search Space and apply the calling search space to the phone, trunk, or end user, if required.

|
|
 --> The Subscribe Calling Search Space is located at the phone level. Go into Device >> Phone >> Search for Subscribe Calling Search Space.

Step 4  Customize phone button templates for the BLF/SpeedDial buttons.

|
|
 --> CUCM Administration > Device > Device Settings > Phone Button Template

Step 5  Configure BLF/SpeedDial buttons for the phone or user device profile.

Configuration Completed.

The following Cisco Unified IP Phones support BLF speed dial for SCCP:

.Cisco Unified IP Phone 7914G  .Cisco Unified IP Phone 7921G  .Cisco Unified IP Phone 7940G  .Cisco Unified IP Phone 7960G  .Cisco Unified IP Phones 7941G, 7941G-GE, 7942G, and 7945G  .Cisco Unified IP Phones 7961G, 7961G-GE, 7962G, and 7965G  .Cisco Unified IP Phones 7970G, 7971G-GE, and 7975G  The following Cisco Unified IP Phones support BLF speed dial for SIP:

.Cisco Unified IP Phones 7941G, 7941G-GE, 7942G, and 7945G  .Cisco Unified IP Phones 7961G, 7961G-GE, 7962G, and 7965G  .Cisco Unified IP Phones 7970G, 7971G-GE, and 7975G

The Cisco Unified IP Phones 7905, 7906, 7911, and 7912 do not support BLF Speed dial.

For more detail information about how to configure Presence go to the page

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmfeat/fsprsnc.html

Tiny URL

http://tools.cisco.com/squish/f3E29

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh