Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding/Delete Users on Secondary Unity server while its active

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I just want to know if will be any issues with adding/deleting users on the secondary unity server while it is active and the primary is inactive.

I have got a customer whose primary server is inactive at the moment and wont be able to failback to the it until weekend but wants to know if they can administer unity with the secondary been active.

Are there going to be any issues with this...

Please rate all useful posts
4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unity will not allow you to do it. As soon as you login to the admin page on the standby server it will give you a link to the active server to make any config changes.

Chris

Hey Deji

as far as i can remember you should be able to do so, that's the whole point of having a failover server. Someone broke the failover i had at the lab so i cannot test is right now =( but you should be able to do so, SQL replication should take care of the changes and since both servers are looking at the same DC,GC, Exchange, etc all data can be accessed by both.

if you are running on the primary and you get into SAweb on the failover you will get the message that you need to do changes on the active server, but if you're running on the failover and haven't done fallback yet then you won't get that message and will be able to do the changes needed.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jamie,

Thanks for your response

Chris,

Thanks for your response. I guess you missed what I said. The secondary server is actually the active one now.

Tac confirmed that its okay to make changes when the secodary server is active.