cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding extensions to hunt group via CLI

jason
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a hunt group that has been configured through the cisco CLI. I want to add some extensions, but am not having much luck. Is there anyone that can help me out with the commands?

Here is the current configuration

voice hunt-group 2 parallel
final 299
list 250,251,252
timeout 28
pilot 512

My goal is to add two extensions to that list. I read that you cannot add one extension at a time, so do I need to remove all extensions and then add a new list?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Why use that to manage the UC500??
Use telnet or ssh to access the CLI for configuration (look the picture).

Regards,

- Adrian.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

Just type again the list command along with the order of the extensions you want. For example if you have to add the new extensions at the end:

list 250,251,252,xxx,yyy

If you need to add the extensions at different order:

list 250,xxx,251,yyy,252

and so on...

Hope it helps, please rate the post if it does.

Kind regards,

- Adrian.

Being that it is parallel, it shouldn't matter what order the extensions are entered right?

These are the steps I have tried and have failed:

1. Navigate to the designated IP (in my case 192.168.1.5)

2. Click "monitor the router"

3. Click "configure"

4. Type "voice hunt-group 2 parallel" in the command line OR navigate by click the voice, hunt-group links, entering "2", and clicking parallel.

5. From there, I either type "list [extensions here]" or click the list link and enter the extensions in the box.

Either way, when I go back and look in the "show tech-support" link, no changes show up.

Yes, you're right. Parallel will be a broadcast, then calls simultaneously ring multiple phones.

Re-typing the command through CLI is easier and results should reflect immediately.

Regards,

- Adrian.

As far as I know, I am typing the commands in correctly, but it doesn't seem to be working. What command should I be typing to add the extensions? Anyone else have any suggestions?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jason,

You are running into this restriction as you nicely noted. So delete this list first, then re-add

with the two new extensions added;

reates a list of extensions that are members of a voice hunt group. To remove a list from a router configuration, use the no form of this command.

directory-numbers—List of extensions to be added as members to the voice hunt group. Separate the extensions with commas.

Add or delete all extensions in a hunt-group list at one time. You cannot add or delete a single number in an existing list.

There must be from 2 to 10 extensions in the hunt-group list, and each number must be a primary or secondary number.

Any number in the list cannot be a pilot number of a parallel hunt group.

From this good doc

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmecover.html#wp1154483

Cheers!

Rob

I did read that. I mentioned it in my first post, but I didn't want to remove the extensions and then no be able to add them back. I will give this a try now.

Thanks.

There's got to be something that I'm missing. I went to "monitor the router", clicked "configure" typed in "voice hunt-group 2" and then typed in "no list"

Should I have included the extensions? I wouldn't think so since I'm just deleting that list. When i did enter the command, the phones did restard so I don't quite understand that, but when I looked back in the "show tech-support" link, the extensions were still listed.

I'm almost ready to call the CISCO rep/partner that we used to deal with, but we had a bit of conflict with him at some point so I'm trying to avoid him as much as possible.

Hey Jason,

We'll get this here

Try;

no list 250, 251, 252

Cheers!

Rob

no dice sir. It rebooted everything, but when i went back into "show tech-support" it has this listed

final 299
list 250,251,252
timeout 28
pilot 512

When I'm navigating to the hunt group, I am typing "voice hunt-group 2" Do I need to include "parallel" in there for any reason?

The only thing I have done successfully is listed a new hunt group labelled "voice hunt-group 3 parallel". I was able to successfully remove that as well.

I've got to say that managing a shoretel system is much less complicated than cisco. I don't understand why typing commands into the CLI would not update the CME as well. That doesn't make any sense to me.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi jason,

Sorry this is being such a pain!

Sometimes different IOS's work with these commands a little differently. Can you please

try adding "parallel" and if that doesn't work why don't you just delete Hunt Group 2 and

start over now that you've seen how it works.

Cheers!

Rob

Problem I have with deleting it is if I run into a problem recreating it, I will be pretty screwed. Our business is based off of incoming calls, so I can't afford any downtime really. When I did create hunt-group 3 yesterday, I tried adding the same parameters including pilot, timeout, final and the new extensions... After typing one of the commands, it restarted and the hunt-group was no longer listed. I'm not sure if I did it correctly or missed something, but again, I don't want to chance anything.

I tried adding parallel and no dice there either.

These should be entered in as seperate commands correct?

1. voice hunt-group 2 parallel

2. no list

I have attached the pictures in the order of the commands processed. Maybe you will see something I'm doing wrong here.

If you're looking at the 1st picture, I have already clicked configure

After clicking the command button or pressing enter on the 2nd picture, it reboots and this point and there is no change. It does tell me the command was completed though.

jason
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone else have any ideas?

Why use that to manage the UC500??
Use telnet or ssh to access the CLI for configuration (look the picture).

Regards,

- Adrian.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: